1993 yeti fro

stevet1":15irik1r said:
I remember the yo-eddy, Dave had a matching shock-a-billy for a time which cracked at the swingarm. Dave bent the forks on the yo on a descent from Helvellyn where he just couldn't slow down and rode straight into a drystone wall. I remember wincing at the cost of a replacement set of forks.
Not seen Dave for ages, last time was probably my wedding, but regularly go riding with Mike still.

I remember him bending those beautiful forks....
That yo-eddy was 2nd hand, but had not been used !! ( the original owner had bad knees & was told not to ride bikes ).., but when i got it, it had manitou 2's fitted...
I was working at sharrocks cycles at the time, and james the owner wanted the manitou's, so he bought in a brand new pair of yo-eddy rigid forks in aqua fade to match the frame....and did a straight swap!!
Those forks, if my memory serves me well, where £319. they must have been one of the most expensive rigid forks available at the time...........
I would have cried if i had bent them..
I think i sold it to dave for around £1350. a fantastic bargain!!! it had the very best of every thing, and must have cost the original owner about £3400 at the time if he paid full retail .
Wish i had taken photo's of it.... :facepalm:

Back