Colnago Super 1981 rebuild

Ian having made me feel ashamed :facepalm: of my photography and the state of my workshop I thought I had better try and take a proper pre-build shot.... :LOL:
So here it is a bit tidier although those pesky leaves do keep blowing back in...
A couple of serious questions:
The brakes are Colnago branded Modolo items with allen key fixings. Were they around in 1981?
The 40t chainring has slots for the bolt heads on the same side as the Campag script, seems to be the wrong way round... any advice?

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_1023 (575x1024).jpg
    IMG_1023 (575x1024).jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 792
you shop is still a real mess but the build with the parts you got there will be good

hernehill69":eeo10mp5 said:
You sound just like my wife.... :LOL:

I can imagine just what your garden looks like based on this are of yours :facepalm:

Re: Colnago Super 1981 rebuild - up and running!

Have just got back from my 1st ride on the Colnago. :D
Really pleased, it handles and rides really nicely.
Weighing just under 10kg (the bike not me in case you wondered) helps I suppose...
Many thanks to all those on here who helped with the history and supplied bits.
Will put the final spec and some more photos up on a new thread when I get the chance.
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_2629a.JPG
    IMG_2629a.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 744
You're right Ian it is a bit blurry.
Maybe something to do with having to fit it into 512kb?
Try this...any better?
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_2599 (1024x683).jpg
    IMG_2599 (1024x683).jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 721
Yes looks allot better.

I'm not allowed to mention the background as I might get banned!!!!

You have to adjust the bars (why pointing to the sky?).
You should also replace this saddle ASAP.
Other than that it's a fine bike.

not a 1981

i just came across this thread... what you have is a 1982 colnago super. the "freddy" setting u were looking at is a 1981 set, like shown in this video at 3:20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr5z2bp3AVA (look at the decals, it also uses a sarroni fork). i have a 1981 super one on my own, but as female version. to see the the diffrence between 1979 and 1982 see here http://www.classicsteelbikes.com/product/colnago-super/
if theres any intrest, i can post a picture of the broken 1981 colnago super frame

Back