Wheelset dilemma - Advice welcome

Ah..........Arc-en-Ciel :) I had a couple of pairs of these wheels back in the 70's and what a cracking set they were.

Light enough for time trials (we had to ride to the events) and yet strong enough to cope with the nobs (not *the* Nob) who forced you into the kerb on Kermesses.

Not as tough as a heavyweight Fiamme nor as light as a Medale D'or but a master of all trades. Anybody who knows them will buy them :) The later one's were anodised blue / gold.

Keep them as a Classic like a fine wine and stick them on a frame that needs them as you will regret letting go of them.....or sell them to me :)

Shaun

Try option A. I had the same issue with a Rotrax rebuild which needed a 60mm reach but I found a pair of CLB calipers to do the job. At least I'll have no issues if I want to fit mudguards :)

Robbied196":2jzv5550 said:
Try option A. I had the same issue with a Rotrax rebuild which needed a 60mm reach but I found a pair of CLB calipers to do the job. At least I'll have no issues if I want to fit mudguards :)

That is a lovely looking ride there. Could I bother your for a photo side on if you have one handy? This could be just the inspiration I need to run with the 700c wheels

Cheers

Stu

Use the wheels. I have both my Vikings set up with 700 wheels and the difference from the original 27" is minimal.
Re the Arc en Ciel/ Record combination - I have a similar set in my shed I have never thought to use as I am wary of the tubular tyres on them. They came as part of a bundle. I had no idea they were considered desirable.

Option A for me.

The long drop brakes don't look bad.

1960's Raleigh with modern pads, adjuster and clamp. Brilliant stopper!

Back