29.5 seat post for 1991 Marin

superstu

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi everyone

After a seatpost for my new Marin Pine Mountain which takes a 29.5mm.

Anyone got anything suitable?

Re: 29.5 seat post

I don't know how tight the tolerances are, but I am able to put a 31.0 post in my Giant which is 30.9... not a problem. I have a couple syncros 29.6mm posts... 425 and 330mm lengths. If you are interested send me a PM and I'll get you some photos. Looking for $75US plus shipping.

Re: 29.5 seat post

[*]
cyclotoine":gjisbko5 said:
I don't know how tight the tolerances are, but I am able to put a 31.0 post in my Giant which is 30.9... not a problem. I have a couple syncros 29.6mm posts... 425 and 330mm lengths. If you are interested send me a PM and I'll get you some photos. Looking for $75US plus shipping.
Thanks for the offer. Not in hurry so will wait to see if one turns up. If not will try a 29.4.

Hi bud, Are you sure it's a 29.5 you need?

Not only is it an obscure size but I currently have 3 Pine mountains (long story!), the '93 i have iirc is 26.6 and the two '96's I have take 27.0, add to that being non oversize steel the pine mountain takes a standard 28.6 front mech.... Unless i'm missing something?

Kult Friction":1unfwdt4 said:
Hi bud, Are you sure it's a 29.5 you need?

Not only is it an obscure size but I currently have 3 Pine mountains (long story!), the '93 i have iirc is 26.6 and the two '96's I have take 27.0, add to that being non oversize steel the pine mountain takes a standard 28.6 front mech.... Unless i'm missing something?
Thanks for taking the time to reply...not sure until I get mine out of the frame but having asked the question then it was certainly the response I got :D
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=275776

Back