1" integrated headset - options?

Sorry, it may be my terminology - I was reading this to try & understand what I need to buy http://chrisking.com/files/pdfs/Int20He ... lained.pdf - as stated I know nothing of this type of headset as I've never taken one apart to see how it works.

Maybe my thread should have read 'what headset do I need for this set-up' :facepalm:

pics are currently a problem - new phone, can't reduce the resolution to get them to upload....

The Ribble does indeed run Ahead set-up - i've never needed to take it apart though my curiosity is growing now - same set-up on the Colnago but that headset was on the frame when I bought it - didn't look inside that one either.

Always fancied something made by CK so though they ain't cheap one could well do the job. Also be looking into the ones at Campoldy as they're half the price.

Build won't be period correct as I'm planning on an 'older frame, modern(ish) components' type of thing with weight being a big driver on the choice of components. Still reading up on things and getting my list together, hence why I asked on here first about the options on headsets i've got - everyones help is very much appreciated.

If it's a standard 1" head tube and steerer, all you'll need is a 1" aheadset.
Plenty of them around on crc/wiggle/ebay.

If you can't post pictures, what model of frame is it?

mattr":28lv9aya said:

its a tvt carbon with alu lugs.very nice, is it a blue one? If so 8 am a bit jealous and all future help is witheld :D

matthew71":13pqd06g said:
mattr":13pqd06g said:

its a tvt carbon with alu lugs.very nice, is it a blue one? If so 8 am a bit jealous and all future help is witheld :D

Phew - not sure there'll be any need for jealousy & you'll have to use your imagination on this one...(and all future help is still required)...it's not blue (I wish it was one of those) it's cerise around the headtube fading into lacquered carbon on the TT & DT before heading into deep red on the ST & BB before going back to lacquered carbon for 1/2 of the rear triangle. Only the rear dropouts are bare aluminium.

No, I've never seen one like it either (which is why I bought it). TVT & 160393 475 stamped into the BB shell and TVT Carbon / Carbon Composite decals which I haven't seen before either.

mattr":24h16smm said:
http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/headset-standards

Try that. I suspect that you have the first type, and are converting to the second.....

Cheers - that's superb, I wish I'd of seen that originally - far more detailed than the CK script I read.

And good shout on the Campag - 15 years is tremendous and I will certainly be looking at that or a CK.

Back