Today I was mostly riding.....

daj":2ioaqz22 said:
Smart pair of steeds :cool:

Shameful been caught in granny gear though :LOL: :LOL:

The nice flat bit by the bench hides the climb we had just done and the one we were about to do. :twisted:

Too far as it got dark five miles out. Never seen so many rabbits, deer, squirrels, vampires, all surprised to see me. Just under 22 miles of mainly off road muddy and very windy HONC type tracks. 2000 ft of climbing mainly in three big hits so not pleasant. Nice start on Cleeve common though. Pic from behind the 13th green.

Plenty of work still to do..........

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 931
Went down that hill your doing on Saturday into Winchcombe with a piddling front light at 45mph. I want to know the best top speed!

And falling in love again. Issues sorted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 914
Today I ave been mostly riding my Rourke Frankencx/mtb.

As the weather here has recently been alternating between wet'n'warm or dry with gale force winds, I have not made the opportunity to try the Rourke with it's new 12-32 cassette, so this afternoon I gave it a go.

A week of almost constant rain made the rocky climb into the woods a bit of a chore, but once in the woods I had a great fun thrash around.

How do you get lost in woods you know like the back of your hand? Easy, ride after dark with just a helmet mounted light... great fun.

Anyway, I'm now covered in mud, as is the bike.

The ride was a touch under ten miles, 1000ft of climbing and a max speed of 32M.P.H., held back by a lady in a Ford Ka(ck) who insisted on braking when a car came towards us (on the wide two lane road that you could happily get two double decker buses along). :facepalm:

Best incident of the ride, was on the road towards the woods. We who ride on the road are all farmiliar with car drivers who make a huge meal of overtaking, only to then 30 yards later, slam their brakes on, indicate and pull to the left or right to park. Well, tonight a prize plonker took that practice to a whole new level; revving like mad and following another car past me, he did the brake slam/ indicate thing, while actually alongside me, in fact I was level with his passenger door as he started to slow. :facepalm:

Needless to say I vocalised my thoughts on his driving prowess, having braked hard and swerved to avoid being squished into the kerb he decided to park against. :evil:

They walk...... actually they drive among us.

And comparing. Did my usual weekday 8m and 1000ft on the OP, got home then jumped on the Alves and did it again. Same route and conditions an hour apart.

A great ride on both. OP tall and a little twitchy but nice and fast turning. Alves felt far more comfortable with everything. Just as quick to accelerate but a stiffer frame with a more rangy, assured, low slung feel.

Both lovely to ride. Hope you like the pic. Old stable block about 3 miles in just before the big climb.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 883

Latest posts

Back