How retro are these tyres??

fattiman

Senior Retro Guru
Panaracer Fire XC?
I had a pair in 1997 if i remember on my LTS! Can anyone confirm their retro credentials?

i agree.....generally retro tyres look good, but perform badly......it all got much better around the turn of the millenia!.....

I'm planning on using new smokes but keeping them for "special" occasions and using charge splashbacks for everyday I like the retro look but don't trust old tyres !
From what I've heard splashbacks aren't a bad tyre and they are cheap ! You can get a pair off fleabay for £23 !

Splashbacks.... Mine have now come off the bike since the past few weeks of rain has tendered the slipbacks useless.

They'll be back out next year when it dries up.

I too have suffered with slippy splashbacks.. not sure though whether this is because they were new and just in need of a bit of scrubbing in.
Still, swapped for a well used set of Bonty XR2's. Not that retro, but less likely to end up in a heap. Depends on priorities I guess!

I was only going on what I had heard.
If I'm honest even tho my bike is not going to be ready till spring, I was planning to use the splashbacks for towpath runs, if I'm going off-road it would be the smokes or nobby nics, it would really depend on the weather and conditions, my garage already looks like a tyre factory so I have a few to choose from !
Will take your advice on the "slipbacks" tho !
The way I was thinking is modern tyre that looks the retro part with out the crumbly rubber !

Back