1988 Overbury's Pioneer

raidan73":vmv7o54j said:
I'm going to use a local body shop as I'm chuffed to bits with the job they did on my Dekerf.

I've just read the build thread...that paint is excellent! Do you mind me asking how much they charge?

makster":3ang5xp9 said:
raidan73":3ang5xp9 said:
I'm going to use a local body shop as I'm chuffed to bits with the job they did on my Dekerf.

I've just read the build thread...that paint is excellent! Do you mind me asking how much they charge?

It cost £100 (blasting done elsewhere) which I guess is pretty pricey compared to a blast and powdercoat. The benefits being they are only 3 miles from me so I could meet them and chat face to face and no need to package and post the frame. The guy was happy to spend some time chatting about what I wanted and did several tests sprays with various degrees of metal flake added until it was the way I wanted it. They have done a lot of motorbikes including team replicas so were quite happy to apply Gil's decals based on my sketch showing the measurements.

I'm trying to build this up as if I'd ordered the bike I wanted back in 1988, and that's what's causing me the indecision.
I have something in mind, but I'm not 100% sure yet.
If I go for that, it wont be a finish you've seen on an Overbury's before ;)

makster":1sk6ivzd said:
I'm trying to build this up as if I'd ordered the bike I wanted back in 1988, and that's what's causing me the indecision.
I have something in mind, but I'm not 100% sure yet.
If I go for that, it wont be a finish you've seen on an Overbury's before ;)

I know what you mean ! I've decided that the classic "Overbury's" fade is having a slight alteration still keeping the orange and white and will probably upset the ones who prefer the stock look.
Originally I wanted to go this way
but with candy red rather than the silver.
At the end of the day, its your bike, you could have spec'd what ever paint finish you wanted BITD, getting Andy P to paint it for you ...... depends what mood he was in ! ;)

Attachments

• Paloma010.jpg
    Paloma010.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 389

Latest posts

Back