DiamondBacks-Let's see them...

GWDesigns":f0x0llho said:
My first 'proper' mountain bike was a 93 Axis and what I loved was that it was full XT right down to the hubs. I still have the frame in the loft but probably won't use it again but it has good memories.
Seems a shame to not use it.

Get it built up, man.

I had thought about building it as a general run around but don't think my wife would appreciate another bike added to my collection lol. Maybe one day.

GWDesigns":2ua2blzn said:
I had thought about building it as a general run around but don't think my wife would appreciate another bike added to my collection lol. Maybe one day.
Well at least you're in the correct place for it - self-help group for men who have to lie to / coerce / bribe their wives / girlfriends / SOs about expanding their bike collection.

And yes - I'm just fulfilling my quota of gender confirmation bias and stereotyping.

My 91 Apex (had one BITD, that got stolen - this was bought from somebody on here):-
main.php

Don't currently have a picture online of my 95 Apex - but in fairness it's part way through being thoroughly cleaned and shined up - that's in great condition, and most parts are stock.

This is my 91 Axis that's a work in progress:-
6966521170_a2db517727.jpg

And this is my 2nd 95 Apex that's more of a work in progress...:-
6966521674_3beea6a2f0.jpg

1987 Ascent EX thrift shop rescue mostly original(saddle for cruzin)

Attachments

• DSC02817.JPG
    DSC02817.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 363
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 363
Hi, after selling some bits to a few members of Retrobike on E-bay I have been told many a time I need to show pictures of my bikes, they are not retro as such in so much as I have been riding mountain bikes since
the early 80,s and racing them since the middle of that decade and they have just evolved and are still all riders. I am posting this on the Diamondback site because I rode for them and worked for the importer. Due to this I have more retro Diamondbacks and DBR bikes then others. If this post works I will post pictures.

Ok so I have no idea how to add pictures! Shame as I have starting from the top an early 80,s Diamond Back Trail Streak complete bull moose bars, an XTR M900 equiped steel Apex sprayed baby blue by Mercian and fitted with Schwalbe Super Moto tyres, an Axis TT Pro with XTR M950, a couple of 700c (29er) Over Drive
Comps, an Gios with Camp Euclid, an early 90,s Saracen plus a few newer MTB,s. As for the road "section"
I have a Campag Record equiped Gios, Mercian, Schwinn, Alan and a couple of cruser, town bikes. And this is after selling quite a few!! Any tips on how to add pictures? I know how to on E-bay.......

Back