And today I did......

no abuse, I will use it for commuting, as our office is by the sea my previous commuters have either rusted or dissolved :)

I've not even ridden it yet K, man flu is doing me in, can't wait to feel better, even climbing the stairs at home is an effort just now.

Get a thread up then in 98+ and some pics. I reckon it'd be worth it, considering the road you took to get there and its been 20 years(?) since your last epic mtb purchase.

Went out for a nice spin on the cross bike round a new bit of road I found that last time I had the Monster out. The climb was a lot harder using leg power than 1000cc v-twin power.
I now understand why its called "Col du Glamis" on strava. I think I may become quite familiar with this road over the winter, I've just booked my flights back to Whistler next summer. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Today I went retro in a new purchase that wasn't bike related. Got a 1960's gold plated Swiss self winding watch. Used to own a modern Sekonda self winder untill enevitably I bust it. I've never been satisfied with digital and nowadays like many I use my mob for time checks but I was finding I missed just being able to glance at my wrist. Being a bit slow I never thought I could get a good quality Swiss timepiece for pennies if I went ebay hunting. Self winders if looked after can run forever. So rather pleased with my Montine of Switzerland gold plate gents wrist watch. I hope it keeps working as its older than I am :shock:

Back