Trek 8900 owners

Dean48 has a lovely 8900 Composite from 1990 and just entered it into the contest at the German forum:

large_100_5048.JPG

large_100_5050.JPG

large_100_5054.JPG

24pouces":30f0ettq said:
Rahbari":30f0ettq said:
@ Trek 1990 8900 owners:
I have the "Matrix" labelled Cooks crank in good condition. 176mm. PM me if interested. :)
medium_DSC01313.JPG

YGPM :D

feetabix":30f0ettq said:

Here is my offering.......the 8900 is a more tarty variation on the same theme, great bike......
I've got both, 8900 and 8700 :LOL:

To be honest, it was yours that inspired me when I saw it.......every now and again I see something that goes beyond 'I'd really like that' and into 'I'd really like that so much that I'm going to do something about it!'......this 1990/1991 trek stuff is right where it's at for me, right on the sweet spot.....I rode the bike in the pic on a national ride a fortnight ago, and I fell in love with it all over again......just great....naive when compared with modern carbon, but all the better for it, oodles of character, like a classic old jag........

I so need one of these as I have the road bike version and love it. It is my training bike.

Anyone know one for sale.

feetabix":172r6tlu said:
To be honest, it was yours that inspired me when I saw it.

Thanks ! :D
The first time I saw this bike was in 1991, but I wasn't rich enough for buying it. But I always looking for one,
but hard to find in my size and in a good shape for the neon color.
Trek has never been my cup of tea, but they built a dream bike in 1991-90 with Bullseye, answer or Suntour XC pro components.
The first time I rode this Trek was in April, when I received and restore it. The bike is quite confortable, near a steel frame, quite lightweight and very fun. I usually rode ti bikes but this Trek is one of my favorite bike for riding. The frame doesn't seem to be brittle, and many 8700-8900 frames are still rode.

Actually, I've got a 8900 to restore but a lot of job on it…

feetabix":1rh3rzix said:
Actually, I've got a 8900 to restore but a lot of job on it.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cleaning the frame and the paint job (removing the old gel coat on the carbon fiber, swaping the decals…) and restoring the old RS1 :D

it was the rs1, and complications therein, that made me plump for the 8700........lovely bike though.....

The RS1 technology is elementary. There's still easy solution for restore them ;)

bm0p700f":3w3uagrd said:
I so need one of these as I have the road bike version and love it. It is my training bike.

Anyone know one for sale.

I have one for sale... frame, fork and headset only. $150 usd. Not sure how much shipping is to the UK.... size I think is around a med, 17"ish. Can double check if you are seriously interested.

Latest posts

Back