Sick to the back teeth of.........

The haunted fish tank is far better than performing your party piece with excruciating embarrassment every time the relatives get together. I still bare the mental scarring. Surprised I ever picked up a washboard and a pair of spoons again.

Pass the razor blades, it's time for cops on camera! Helicopter total distress and discom fort rescue voyeurs mawkish pleasure with Michael sinf*ckingcere Burke or that ex copper toy boy rab PC Nesbit or whatever he's called.

Bring back the poptter's wheel. And cancel my subscription to the radio times.

The History Man":qooetku9 said:
Pass the razor blades, it's time for cops on camera! Helicopter total distress and discom fort rescue voyeurs mawkish pleasure with Michael sinf*ckingcere Burke or that ex copper toy boy rab PC Nesbit or whatever he's called.

At least it isn't Police, Crash, Bang, Wallop, What a Picture or whatever it's called - you know, the one with some mockney Ray Winstone-a-like exclaiming "bosh!" or similar every time there's an collision. Utter drivel.

David

FMJ":1prm5cqq said:
BobToo":1prm5cqq said:
1yeNu35.jpg

Get some odd glances when I wear my Alien Workshop T-shirt. Even the odd snide remark from the cross-on-a-chain set. Telling them I'm gonna have my imaginary friend beat up their imaginary friend usually quiets them down.

ng1.jpg

Reminds me also of a brilliant slogan once spied on a Radiohead T-shirt: 'Most people gaze neither into the past nor the future; they explore neither truth nor lies. They gaze at the television.'

The words I immediately picked out of the sentence in bold were "cross" and "chainset" - I think I may have been doing this CX racing lark for way too long.... ;)

David

I will confess to being a Bake Off fan - the consumption of cake doubles in this house on a Tuesday - but, on a weekend we watch whatever we've recorded in the week or just listen to music.
We'll watch:
any cycling
any motorcycling
HIGNFY
Russell Howard
We do watch La Millican but I think her series is nowhere near as funny as her stand up.

Just when Monday arrives and we think we're safe from Strictly Come X factor, our local bliddy news reports every damn Monday night on Kevin Fromgrimsby who is one of the professionals on Strictly. And each week they show a clip of Brucey introducing 'Kevin Fromgrimsby' - no one else is referred to by their first name and where they're from, they do this because it's Grimsby. Their totally patronising reaction to the fact that someone mildly talented could possibly come from Grimsby gets right on my t.. er nerves. And, ooh, the excitement when KFG brought the snotty newsreader 'home' to Grimsby - with her looking down her delicate nose like she had a bad smell under it. :twisted:
Rant over and....
blood pressure back to normal. :oops:

Oh and I absolutely bliddy hate all those 'and we're all gonna die' programmes - you know the sort, they're driving a truck And Could Have A Very Serious Accident And Die ate any moment. They milk everything and dramatise the tiniest thing.
The very worst I ever saw was when the series (how in hell they made an entire series....) about Stobart first started and they made a meal out of someone taking the wrong exit off a roundabout. Turned it off and not watched it since.
And as for Ice Road Truckers (or Ice Road F**ckers as I call it).... yawn.

And stuff like Eastenders - well, let's not even go there

(Ooh, having a rant doesn't half make me feel better ;) )

Latest posts

Back