Bullseye cranks

I think you missing the 20 or so years between the cranks being made with the poor bearings by Roger and his son later picking up the company and trying to re-launch the bearings

Also watch if you are fitting the cranks to a Pace RC100, they need yet another length spindle...

Gen 1 cranks were mainly BMX with a direct bolt chainring
Gen 2 cranks were MTB and touring cranks with a direct mount TA chainring or spider spacing
Gen 3 ...unsure

Thanks Gil. So I guess the re-launch stalled as you don't seem to be able to get the new(er) bearings any more. what do you know about that?

All what Gil says!
Bear in mind if you are searching, BMX and track versions are out there a-plenty with different and un-useful spindle lengths for MTB, so back onto ebay they go. Again and again. Pace I seem to remember used their own spider for their chainrings and chainline (RC100).
Early genuine Bullseye BBs were unsealed with just a rubber washer over the bearings. Super low drag (which if you ever see the marketing blurb that orginally came with the Hubs/ BB/ Jockey wheels) was what they made a big deal out of- faster through less drag.
My (original) bullseye crank BB machine doesn't see the rain for this reason, mud destroys the open bearings.

Thanks, any chance you could add some pictures of your BB as there seems to be quite a few options/ideas.

What spindle length do you need for an MTB? How do you adjust the chainline or is it fixed?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
These are the same ones I just put the link up to as well. They certainly look like Nader's but we'll have to wait and see if Pierre gets excited or not :D . I'm still not that confident yet in what I'm looking for so wouldn't want to bid.

This is getting silly, maybe a few photos will help

Gen 2 crank 22.2 Spindle/TA direct mount Chainring/My Shims/Shimano HollowTech II Mountain BB

Total spindle Length 150mm ~ this includes the drive side crank arm width as well, spindle itself is around 125mm (hard to measure without removing chainring)

Hope this helps

Attachments

• DSC00710.JPG
    DSC00710.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 490
  • DSC00712.JPG
    DSC00712.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 490
  • DSC00711.JPG
    DSC00711.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 490
  • DSC00715.JPG
    DSC00715.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 490
Pictures are great; thanks.

I think, I've finally got this... :oops:

Pierre is using a BMX Euro BB which takes a 22mm spindle; hence the need to mill 0.2mm off.

A Hollowtech II spindle is 24mm, so the shims are 1.8mm.

I guess the chainline is fixed depending on the spindle length or I suppose you could you spacers?

I also found this http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=18524 which has some interesting info.

Now the hunt begins... anyone got a 177mm 2G crank with a 150mm spindle?

Back