Very Uncomfortable Memory

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Anybody ever have a memory of doing something that still makes them uncomfotable, causes them to shudder when ever you recall it no matter how long the time interval from the occasion.

Just had a recent flashback to a time when as a science student I very nearly blew up a bench top autoclave (industrial grade pressure cooker) which could have injured or even killed people and would definitely have taken out the lab windows and caused a lot of damage. I should have turned the gas off at the required time but actually turned it up by accident and walked away. Thankfully a technician spotted it when the release valve started screaming as pressurised steam started to escape and shut off the gas. I still shudder and perspire at the what if to this day. :shock:

Anyone else ?

got loads;worst one is being young playing with my dad;
I fell cut my head open on a gas fire got a few days off school
but my dad passed on the other year and think now how shit he must have felt at the time
just a sad thing that haunts me now.

The dark, the warmth, the feeling of being...

The light, the light, bright bright light noooooooo!!

''Stop slapping my arse you b****''

al.

velomaniac":p425ujcf said:
Anybody ever have a memory of doing something that still makes them uncomfotable, causes them to shudder when ever you recall it no matter how long the time interval from the occasion.

Just had a recent flashback to a time when as a science student I very nearly blew up a bench top autoclave (industrial grade pressure cooker) which could have injured or even killed people and would definitely have taken out the lab windows and caused a lot of damage. I should have turned the gas off at the required time but actually turned it up by accident and walked away. Thankfully a technician spotted it when the release valve started screaming as pressurised steam started to escape and shut off the gas. I still shudder and perspire at the what if to this day. :shock:

Anyone else ?

Ploughing face-first into a dry stone wall somewhere on the back road between Ilkley and Burley Woodhead in summer 2006 at 20+ mph after the back wheel on my training bike skidded. Still got a few scars, possibly also very lucky that my left eye still works as it should given the injuries I picked up. Still makes me wince thinking about it.

David

Pulling down the 'no smoking' sign plus part of the ceiling in a kfc to place in front of a guy smoking.

The sign read 'smoking alowed in this area'

worst one should be asking a burd to marry me;and she said yes :facepalm:
if that hadnt happend i wouldnt be in the sheite im in now :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: bet theres a few more can say this ;)

tintin40":3as4yxcs said:
The second wife.

Why? I told you the water would run toward the French doors if you didn't level the patio off properly. ;)

How you doing anyway mate?

al.

Another that makes me shudder and why I did this is beyond me now. Car broke down half way up a minor narrow steep road and i figured i couldn't leave it there so by pushing and pulling managed to three point turn it but very nearly failed to get back in as gravity started to pull it down the hill. If it had got away it would have piled down the hill and round the corner thanks to an armco barrier and possibly into an oncoming car !
Before i do stupid stuff i flashback to incidents like this and dont do them. I get a tight stomach crunching spasm at the thought of that one, what the hell was I thinking !!!!!!!!!!!

Back