MacRetro chat and rides thread

nice tent Robb, I've been using what I can only assume (due to likeness) is an older version of that tent for 12 years. Pretty much the only differences are the colour and 2 porch door at end and side. (thinking about it, mine may be the next size, as I think it's a 3 person)

good tent for space when there's more than one of you, plenty of room in the porch for gear, or a few more people to shelter and drink thus creating a tented party.

I'm 6ft and can sit up no bother, one of our poles split years ago which I temporarily fixed with insulating tape and is still i use, albeit it outta shape. it's a good tent, big, heavy, fast to erect but too many guy ropes imo..

Ther's 8 retrobikers and 56 guests - now 68 peering into MacRetro this morning, since when did we get so popular :shock:

Think we must have a replicating guest virus :facepalm:

Edit, its now 77, yup something fishy is going on :?

velomaniac":2huabkl4 said:
Ther's 8 retrobikers and 56 guests - now 68 peering into MacRetro this morning, since when did we get so popular :shock:

Think we must have a replicating guest virus :facepalm:

Edit, its now 77, yup something fishy is going on :?

They've heard about the cake :D

RobMac":2jw2y91h said:
'G' you could be right they do a Spirit 300+ which is a 3 man :shock:

Lot of tent and room but seems a tad heavy :? Putting me off getting one though its exactly the thing im after. :? A 1-2 man with length and that type/size of cooking/storage area.
Mind you, after my Vangos its a lightweight. :LOL:

Ti. Frame will be much more immune to road crud. I know carbon doesn't corrode as such but Ti cleans up nicely with a Brillo pad.

Ti should be more comfotable as well. Better frame flex unless its overbuilt. Finally despite Ti being around for yonks its still more exotic than the relative new comer carbon so on that point it wins hands down !

Back