And today I did......

And today I did ......

Falling off my road bike on my way home from work on the 2nd last corner from home :facepalm: My own fault , going too fast for the wet road.

Bike appears to be relatively undamaged except for a wee bit of road rash on the left sti , rear q/r and a wee tear in the saddle.

I came down heavily on my left side. One of those that can end up with a broken collar bone but thankfully just heavy grazing to knee , thigh , elbow and shoulder. Blood dripping all over the kitchen floor. Managed to get it stopped and dressed but I think I'll be sore in the morning. Wife doesn't know yet , she's in bed. No doubt I'll get the old "act your age" lecture and told to take up bowls or golf like other nearly 50 year old men.

The Ken":3202mjdc said:
Pivot, mach 5.7 carbon pro, yes it is plastic :). 26 inch wheels but 5.7 inch travel

:shock: you should be investing that kind of money in your kids education- and the way you ride a total waste of money :twisted:

Looks very good BTW- that kids computer games lark must be going well :cool:

Hawmaw, sorry to hear about your spill :( Hope your alright this morning.
Nearly 50! Hell, thats the new 20 ;)

Hopefully you can make the weekend to Arran.

Jamie

The Ken":2z6fm29r said:
Pivot, mach 5.7 carbon pro, yes it is plastic :). 26 inch wheels but 5.7 inch travel

sounds a beast, hope you're both very happy

nae luck Andy, as long as the bikes fine :LOL:

Don't take up golf for gods sake. Do you know how many men take heart attacks on the course each year!
At least the clubs are carbon and titanium these days.

clockworkgazz":3rqhqyq9 said:
The Ken":3rqhqyq9 said:

:shock: you should be investing that kind of money in your kids education- and the way you ride a total waste of money :twisted:

Looks very good BTW- that kids computer games lark must be going well :cool:

:) totally agree, but the way I see it is I shouldn't manage to break it if the bike is better than me :) And you forget my scottishness, this was also a bike to work bike, and bought in the sale and the company passed on the vat savings, so won't cost me that much. Long over due too.

Kids education is overrated anyway :)

Rotten luck Hawmaw, but every injury from cycling is a reminder that you are alive, you'll never get that feeling from golf.

Twisted backs in golf is quite common resulting in a pain that will frequently remind you, your alive but also make you wish you were dead :LOL:

Bike to work? Has your office relocated to the middle of the Sidlaws?

Just the jealousy talking you understand.

Aye another abuser of the system :p TK you'll need to set the date for the maiden flight.

Latest posts

Back