HG V IG Chain??

fattiman

Senior Retro Guru
Whats the difference here, I am running m900 XTR with pace rings up front, which one will work best?

IMHO IG chains shift the same or even slightly better on HG gears, even though they are not supposed to. I've been using them for years instead of HG chains. Just my two pence.
Cheers

Neither, save yourself the hassle as there are much better chains out there........I run KMC X8 (X8.99) on my XTR M900 with no shifting issues

Small difference in pin length. Ignore it though use what ever you have shifting will be fine. Shimano have made many proclinations over the years use this with that and so forth I mostly ignore there advise and run what I want without any issues.

I agree KMC 8-93 is what I use now.

tatra":3s6co9ij said:
IMHO IG chains shift the same or even slightly better on HG gears, even though they are not supposed to. I've been using them for years instead of HG chains. Just my two pence.
Cheers
I forgot an important bit of info: When you use any Shimano chain, the included connecting pins are fiddly bits, so get a master(quick) link, ther'e not expensive.

You can use both! Some (Shimano) chainrings are IG-chain only. Don't use HG on them. Otherwise I've had no problems!

FWIW I don't run Shimano chains , used Sedis BITD , but now it's Sram chains on all my bikes . Works really well and comes with a joining link .
Mike

Back