Arran Road Circuit - Saturday November 2nd

velomaniac":3mg2hpmo said:
...After Blackwaterfoot, your committed to the long haul around the top but the sceneries worth it.

Don't mind the ride being strenuous so long as I can see the scenery.

Hence the question about daylight. :)

velomaniac":2c1pjukr said:
If you dont ride your bike because of a bit of wind/rain/baw freezing temps/polar bears then you'll seldom ride your bike in Scotland !

Indeed, we don't have any weather that cannot be accounted for with the right gear and sensible allocation of time.

You'll be back at Brodick during daylight if we have no problems. Mind you it'll probably be dark by the time we reach Ardrossan on the ferry.

Thinking of bringing the Trucker for this instead of the Merckx, a bit more laid back :)
Its Scotland! of course its going to be wet and windy ffs! It always is.
Surely we aren't going to cancel another run because its wet and windy ;)
When I moved to the west coast it never stopped raining, I was there six months and I said to this kid ' does it ever stop raining here?'
He said ' how should I know, I'm only six'
Man up princess's, dry your eyes and put on a jacket :) :) :)

Jamie
(you know I'm only kidding)
I am Australian, but I feel Scottish, as both my parents are alchoholics :) :)
Again, they're all jokes

Forecasts are looking better now, but as most of us know you really don't know until the day so as long as you aren't planning to be up in the mountains take the right gear and get on with it.

Speaking to my dad, he reminded me the last time we did this was in the late 70s and we spent two days exploring the hills from our bikes and tent. He reckons he did it in around five hours on previous visits.

My mates are based in Arran as mountain guides so I will pick their brains a couple of days before for weather advice, but I reckon the weather should not be a deciding factor. This is made easy for me given I am not participating. ;)

Shame you wont be there highlandsflyer, it would be good to meet up.
Are you sure you cant be tempted?
And despite my attempt at joviality last night (hopefully no one was offended) I have come to realise that the weather forecasts are really there to keep you motivated as if it says it will be sunny, then you still have hope, even though it will usually be wet and or windy once out there :)
Its all part of the Beauty of Scotland, rain or shine.

Jamie

I'm no cancelling, I'm going. Only a cancelled ferry can stop me and if it does I'll see what riding I can do in Ayrshire. Plus I'm camping in November so the Ozzies of our contingent can stow the cheek :D

Remeber Velo, we will be camping in mid January for the Puffer :shock:
As pit crew cheif sounds cushy, the environment might make make it more challenging :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Jamie

Forgot about that :facepalm:

A jeez the stuff you volunteer for during summer you regret later. You'll have to give me a kick upon return from a lap to extract me from my cocoon, I'm crap at staying awake at night but I'll make sure a thermos is alway full of hot water ;)

Back