Comet racing bike, 60cm

retrotrack

Retro Guru
Hi all,

got this Crown Comet racing bike I'd like to move out of my workshop.

I purchased it not long ago from the original owner who has ridden the bike for a 3 mile commute for just a year back in the 70s. The bike was serviced just before it was stored away so brakes are sharp as are gears.

It doesn't need any work doing other than new brake pads as they have perished. Tyres are still ok, a few small cracks but they hold pressure and run straight. Unbelievably how smooth this runs. Pedal bearings run perfect, wheels spin true, cables aren't frayed, that kind of stuff!

I'm currently at work but will try get full spec rundown soon, but I'm sure most of you can see the components!

Saddle is much lighter than photographed, it just got wet when I gave the whole bike a clean this morning.

DSC_0069_zps54d5f4f7.jpg

DSC_0070_zpsd15f9ca0.jpg

DSC_0071_zps26b7e2a7.jpg

DSC_0072_zpscac29b74.jpg

DSC_0073_zpse17c7948.jpg

DSC_0074_zpsc1650947.jpg

DSC_0075_zps726af474.jpg

I'm after 250 of the queen's finest beans for this. That price includes postage

James

Oh that looks nice :) has Carlton written all over it because of the Capella lugs....We swapped over a shed load of steel cranks in the 70's for the Sugino Maxy with the red crank covers.

Everything else looks 70's too, the handlebar stem is a killer :D

Shaun

Very interesting! I had a Crown Comet when I was 14, in the early 80's, but it had more modern looking decals than that.
I've never seen another until this one came up. Anyone know anything about the maker?

Cheers,
Andrew

Back