Raleigh Activator

luke130

Retrobike Rider
I have been out riding with the east yorkshire group for a while but only just got round to joining the forum. Here is a photo of my Raleigh Activator. I am told it is from about 1992 (my dad bought it new and recently gave it to me). I have changed the brake levers and the grips, also new tyres but other than that its completely original (all 17kg of it).

Attachments

• ACTIVATOR.jpg
    ACTIVATOR.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 928
Welcome aboard Luke, only usually see that Activator disappearing into the distance.

You'd better find your way to the for sale section now and buy some more bikes :D

If you had a bike that was....ummm....a bit better I could only imagine how much faster you would be. Judging by what your buddies are saying you have some potential.

andyfloyd82":2yamlubc said:
If you had a bike that was....ummm....a bit better I could only imagine how much faster you would be. Judging by what your buddies are saying you have some potential.

He has, he rides a modern carrera and is always at the front during our rides, Luke's been with us on our weekly rides all summer!

Other than uphill the activator is actually pretty quick. Even uphill its not that bad, just gives the legs a good workout :)

Back