Sick to the back teeth of.........

Raging_Bulls":2r5dq4ev said:
Occasionally I catch a glimpse of television when visiting people. Sooooo glad I got rid of it.

FYI, over here it's all cooking shows.

I'm not exactly a dyed-in-the-wool "foodie" but do enjoy cooking and appreciate good food....yet oddly the glut of cookery shows - voting based or not - leaves me cold and I never bother with them. More likely to be found watching food-related documentary/pop-science stuff from the likes of Stefan Gates or the Food Unwrapped team.

David

Give me Strictly over inane repeats of Tracy bloody Beaker and the bloomin Simpson's, kids TV is not what it used to be. But reality TV is pretty sh*t

Alison

It's us. TV is aimed at all women, young men and old men. Middle-aged men (or those approaching it) just aren't catered for.
These shows are nothing new, As a kid in the eighties TV then was really no different, still lots of cooking, gameshows, Come Dancing and reality crap like Opportunity Knocks. And, Michael bloddy Barrymore was on screen at least once a week with a crap gameshow or "My Kinda People".
At least now we are getting shed loads of quality drama.

yagamuffin":14svztfo said:
And, Michael bloddy Barrymore was on screen at least once a week with a crap gameshow or "My Kinda People".

I remember those days only too well - Strike It Lucky was the chief culprit on the gameshow front, although that was in the days before something fell spectacularly out of Barrymore's career....top, middle or bottom? ;)

David

I despise game shows of all kinds and practically all quiz shows other than QI, Have I Got News For You and Mock The week

Alison

1yeNu35.jpg

BobToo":5jk4kiob said:

Get some odd glances when I wear my Alien Workshop T-shirt. Even the odd snide remark from the cross-on-a-chain set. Telling them I'm gonna have my imaginary friend beat up their imaginary friend usually quiets them down.

ng1.jpg

Back