What ie those who make fun of us and china of them will laug

Re: What ie those who make fun of us and china of them will

Depends on the alloys used, and any pre and post processing they do. (Heat treatments, polishing etc)

Besides the practicalities and technical side, there is also a philosophical angle to the question, if that's the right word?

torqueless":366l16w5 said:
Besides the practicalities and technical side, there is also a philosophical angle to the question, if that's the right word?
Not a problem for me, as It's just more manufacturing of the same product, provided it is identical.

The Concor Super Corsa has been re-issued and it's identical to the original in shape and materials, but they have a transfer instead of a stamped logo on the wings. It's easy to see the difference, but to all intents and purposes it's the same saddle.

Not really, if they use poor alloys you end up taking your teeth home in a bag.

The difference is that if the Chinese fabricate a repro and sell it as a NOS Campagnolo their part is illegal. That is one. Whether it is up to other techinical requirements is another question.

I am not familiar with 'polish butcher' work. What is he doing? Is it illegal?

I think I'll clarify my position. As long as it's licensed by the original manufacturer, I'm ok with it.

What point is the OP making? Are there factories in China punting out 'NOS' NR & SR?

Elev12k":2h9q3cpa said:
I am not familiar with 'polish butcher' work. What is he doing? Is it illegal?

DIY Drillium - a video guide. Starring Michael J Fox.

torqueless":244msx2x said:
.. and if someone is producing 'NOS', using the original tooling, is there really any difference?

The quality of the metal alloy might be one big difference. Besides if there were a factory cranking out Campagnolo copies then we would see a lot more of it for sale and steep declines in prices. Campganolo had giant production runs during the 70s and 80s so if hundreds or even thousands of the parts survive in new condition it is not a surprise.

Steven

Back