Bullseye cranks

Swede":2zm1rn96 said:
Nader":2zm1rn96 said:
24pouces":2zm1rn96 said:
But where to find these new Bullseye European BB 22.2 ?
I saw some on ebay some years ago…
Pierre, this I had told you a long time ago ;)

Well, he hasn't got any left :( .

Pierre, what are you using? I'm guessing you're having issues if you want to replace your current setup?

You could see on my C26 tread that I could reduce the spindle diameter from 22.2 to 22 with the help of Mojo Ti.

But the work needs to be very precise.
So, I could use my crankset with BMX 22mm inner diameter bearings with classic MTB cups.

But I had won another bullseye crank on ebay and I would want to keep it in the original diameter. But I would want to ride it and I'm looking on external bearings with ProblemSolver's shims… But If I would find the new bullseye bearings, I really prefer them…

You guys do realise I have been selling Bullseye 22.2 to Shimano HollowTech II shims for years?

Great way to keep the original width spindle and run any External BB, makes them a usable classic :~)

gil_m":yakaxu74 said:
You guys do realise I have been selling Bullseye 22.2 to Shimano HollowTech II shims for years?

Great way to keep the original width spindle and run any External BB, makes them a usable classic :~)

I'd read that. Are these are the Desperado ones?

Thanks Pierre, this is beginning to make sense now. Do you know anything about the various versions that seem to be talked about? Any idea what version was around in ’87?

Desperado..hell no that guy is just ripping people off...

I have my own machined and did long before he started marketing them

24 GBP a set not the stupid price he charges...

Am I being dense? Did these come with different axle diameters? Reading this you would think it's 22.2mm for Europe and 22mm to ROW. Surely that's not right?

you should take a look here

http://desperadocycles.com/Dura-Ace_Bul ... Shims.html

I did it with dura ace 7900 and shims

yetifro53.jpg

it works quite well but not enough for me (maybe for garage queens)

There seem to be several solutions here;

1. Reduce the OD to 20mm and use the same type of BB as Pierre (can't tell what it is from the pics).
2. Stick with the 22.2mm axle and increase the OD using shims.

From the sounds of it none of you are that happy. Any idea why Bullseye made the new BB's and then stopped production shortly after? There must be someone who knows more...

Swede":3q6je2u0 said:
There seem to be several solutions here;

1. Reduce the OD to 20mm and use the same type of BB as Pierre (can't tell what it is from the pics).
2. Stick with the 22.2mm axle and increase the OD using shims.

From the sounds of it none of you are that happy. Any idea why Bullseye made the new BB's and then stopped production shortly after? There must be someone who knows more...

I reduce to 22mm ! not 20 :!:
But if you really want to ride them, the desperadocycles solution is really the best if you don't care of the esthetic :D

PS : sorry, I don't know the difference between the generations. I only kow that the length of the axe is important : Shorter for BMX, longer for MTB

Back