Which stem for my Clockwork - can't decide!

Thanks for all your replies, guys! The public opinion seems to be as divided as I am :D I left the chrome stem on (mostly due to me being lazy), and having ridden it today I can say it's super comfortable - unlike the flite ti which was a a real pain in my arse, surprisingly. Always thought they'd be comfortable. Oh well, might have to get rid of that...

As for painting the forks black and keeping the stalk... hmmm... tempting, but I daren't ruin such a nice pair of RC30's. And I'm not quite feeling going all black at the moment. I'd also quite like to experiment with some silver rims just to see how it looks. Fortunately I have a decent set of Arayas in the shed... And I absolutely must try on some Psycho-K's, I just have a thing for them, y'know? :facepalm:

Here are a couple of quick snaps from the ride today, will have to take some better ones when time allows. The fluoro orange literally hurts one's eyes in all its bright magnificence, Bob Jackson did a top job. Quite hard to capture on camera, though.

What do you think of the stem? It isn't that bad, right?

e9x7k5.jpg

2pr8n06.jpg

It matches the forks and the seatpost, if you were to paint the forks black, then the black stem for definite.
Paintwork looks great ! :D

I usually prefer things to look quite original, but I must say, with the forks, that stem looks realy nice. Maybe even add a silvery colour Orange Hot Rod bar too?

MatBH5":3dk9oce5 said:
I usually prefer things to look quite original, but I must say, with the forks, that stem looks realy nice. Maybe even add a silvery colour Orange Hot Rod bar too?

I think you're on to something there... and it just so happens that I have a nice silver Hot Rod on my other Clockwork. I think it will have to serve as a donor for this.

Back