saba frames - info?

I've seen that one on Hillary Stone, strangely on the same page they have a 91 Moser Leader in Oria tubing. I've got one of them in the garage with a knackered seat tube :)

That Hilary stone one will need refinishing, the ones I saw in the 70's were usually light metallic. The nicest one was a very light gold colour like the Raleigh gold lightweight lacquer for it's TT and record bikes......... add that to the 200 quid for the frame and it's borderline .

A Silver SABA went on evil bay last month for £85 but was too small...........

The search continues.

Shaun

Italo Bergliano was his name. The company still 'exists' as Ceeway following on from the Columbus wholesale agency they had. My old friend Mick (R.I.P.) was the local area agent for them.

BTW, I thought the Viner frame connection was brought out some time ago, possibly even earlier in this thread?

Lord Cammish new Mr. Bergliano quite well as he was supplied with nice stuff by him :)

........if I wasn't so busy I would clean mine up and take some photos. Are you after a SABA then?

Midlife":28dmwmdj said:
I've seen that one on Hillary Stone, strangely on the same page they have a 91 Moser Leader in Oria tubing. I've got one of them in the garage with a knackered seat tube :)

That Hilary stone one will need refinishing, the ones I saw in the 70's were usually light metallic. The nicest one was a very light gold colour like the Raleigh gold lightweight lacquer for it's TT and record bikes......... add that to the 200 quid for the frame and it's borderline .

A Silver SABA went on evil bay last month for £85 but was too small...........

The search continues.

Shaun

I will try and get it out of the garage this weekend and take some photos. We could see about arranging something if you are still interested after seeing the pics

Midlife":3sk047vq said:
.......yep :)

Shaun

My pride and joy as a kid was water bottle with Creatzione (or something like that) Saba on it. Same people I assume.

Hi Globox.

Would be a pleasure to have a look at the pics :)

Yep Mattsccm, the one and the same.......I never knew what creatzione meant either being a Yorkshire lad but had SABA shorts with the SABA logo :)

Shaun

Midlife":1lg6nku5 said:
Hi Globox.

Would be a pleasure to have a look at the pics :)

Yep Mattsccm, the one and the same.......I never knew what creatzione meant either being a Yorkshire lad but had SABA shorts with the SABA logo :)

Shaun

You bought one yet.........

Hello lads

Apologies for not sorting out pics yet. We are having our garage extended and a new roof put on soon, so I'll have to move the bike out at some point. I'll take some pics then and post them up here.

There's a nice looking Saba frame in blue on eBay. I'm not sure of the protocol with links to auctions, so won't post the link.

Cheers

Back