Weekend weather

I'm currently at work on a chemical plant near Southampton, hasn't been that bad to be fair although our control room roof is leaking abit, and a 2000 tonne butadiene sphere that us covered in scaffolding and sheeting is worrying us because the sheeting acts like a sail catching the wind which could pull the scaffolding down, and that's about a 60metre square tower all around the sphere. Basically it would be very bad if it came down!

I'm waiting for daylight to assess the damage, but it's been pretty horrific here on the Somerset Levels, even if it is flat!! (Think that's the problem, nothing to break it up much)

Trying to explain to the cat at half 4 this morning why it probably wasn't a good idea to go out was quite interesting, now waiting to see if my chicken and her house are still upright and intact... :shock:

It got pretty noisy here at around 4.00 am, but everything seems to be where it should be, although I've not been outside yet.

Blowing a fair bit and heavy rain now, so I'll drink my tea and then go and get the horses in, as they are standing at the top of the field with their backs to the rain.

Just done some damage assessment, pretty much everything intact, chicken and house still upright! Only weird thing is an outside table and one chair from the coffee shop had blown, upright, into one of the smaller tunnels! Either that or someone got in and fancied sitting under cover at 4 this morning :LOL:

At least you have some!

All quiet here overnight. Other than flatulence of biblical proportions following a CAMRA accompanied Sunday lunch and cucumber, red cabbage and pickled onion supper.

Too much information?

LikeClockwork":vmqg6yub said:
Just done some damage assessment, pretty much everything intact, chicken and house still upright! Only weird thing is an outside table and one chair from the coffee shop had blown, upright, into one of the smaller tunnels! Either that or someone got in and fancied sitting under cover at 4 this morning :LOL:

Tom, Dick or Harry?

Just relentless heavy rain up here in East Yorkshire, due to dry up this afternoon though :D

Back