Greenstiles - Rest In Peace

Very sad news, like most I didn't know him personally but had contact through this forum, and offer my thoughts and best wishes to his family. RIP Greenstiles.

I hadn't spotted this thread, and was wondering about his recent lack of posts in the hifi threads until I saw this just now in our local rag.

http://www.malverngazette.co.uk/news/10 ... ad/?ref=ar

Took the wind out of my sails. Only a couple of months ago, we were sitting in my dining room listening to my hifi through a newly designed bit of kit for him, shooting the shit about bikes and music. Desperately awfully sad, and my heart goes out to Alison and his young son.

This might be a little premature, but I'm thinking a rememberance ride would be great. Maybe even taking his bike/bikes out one last time? Sorry if it sounds a bit too soon but I am thinking I'd love my friends taking my bikes out if it happened to me.

How about offering to vacuum bag and box his bikes, so they are perfectly preserved. Then when his lad is old enough, he can enjoy them, and perhaps join RetroBike.

great idea, i know he had a deep love of Wales but not sure what part, He also had a joe Murray thing going on, so perhaps a voodoo kona type theme somewhere in Wales

Maybe a round of the national series dedicated to him next year?
Make it in the Beacons as it's great country round there. I'd certainly make the effort to attend.

Carl.

I know he ran a bike shop in Dolgellau for a while. "The better of the two" according to my mate Dave, who lived in Dol for a while.

Latest posts

Back