Bontrager Race XXL - Pink!

That looks awesome!
Try the single speed route, it looks so much cooler.
And the wheels are special, perfect fit on the bike :D
/J

I'm not nearly as savvy as you guys on consistent updates, but I am making progress with this build.

MUCH thanks to Bonty98 for suggesting I reach out to Paul at Rock Lobster for the brake studs. Paul had them and sent them right away - what a stand up guy on the phone. Makes me wish I could afford one of his frames. :)

Other changes/additions were made as well. I changed out the stem for a different one with less rise. This one looks and feels better. I added more pink - Salsa skewers, chain bolts, grip lock rings and presta valve covers. I know it isn't period correct by any means, but it goes with the Breast Cancer Awareness theme.

Great it worked out man!
What kid of flatties are you using? They look really cool and lightweight :mrgreen:
/J

The pedals are Xpedo. I got them on Ebay for $30ish. I like them - they're pretty grippy and of course they are pink.

I added a different fork. I couldn't resist. Carver now makes a 1" carbon fork. The bike is still a work in progress, but I'm getting closer.

nice...... but going by the amout of seat post visiible, that frame to me looks far to big. I would also prefer to see decals on seat and top tube as to me it looks unfinished or a DIY paint job.

Finished. Gil was gracious enough to provide another set of decals, and I added a Brooks Cambium saddle.

stunning! I would have maybe gone drop bar/ woodchipper given the size of the frame, but not everyone may like the odd looks. I really like the brakes and the choice of forks. Got my wife the cambium saddle as well and she loves it.

good looking shredding it to bits

Back