Kona's page

RadNomad":1jo4sjyu said:
OK here are mine: 96-LavaDome bought new, 95-CinderCone rebuild just finished (here), 99-HeiHei is my next little project.
Nice looking through this thread seeing all the variations and different themes / ideas people have. Great stuff :cool:

Love that colour Lava Dome, very striking.

Here's my '95 Cinder Cone. Sadly got hit by a car 2 weeks ago. I had a very short flight (30' or so) but the landing wasn't very nice and the dear old thing suffered a shattered back wheel, top tube dents and a (very slightly) bent frame. :cry:

It should be repairable but it was in such lovely condition. Much like me I guess. :roll:

Attachments

• Cinder Cone.jpg
    Cinder Cone.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 818
How remiss of me -forgot to add my TET Hot... think it's a '93.

Attachments

• Hot and Dirty.jpg
    Hot and Dirty.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 803
  • TET Hot.jpg
    TET Hot.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 803
Forgot to add my finished 1997 Kona U'hu which was a Karma raffle win from ollyb83 on here.

Quite pleased with it even if it is a little on the large side.

Wow. Over the last 3 or 4 days, I've worked through this whole thread with increasing envy. The result is that I've set my sights on getting another Kona. I used to have a Cinder Cone (from 2000 I think) which got nicked. It was just a phenomenal bike that felt like nothing else I've ever ridden.

So I'll start watching eBay. Saving my pennies. I haven't seen a thread on here where people can register their interest, like a wanted thread, but if I've missed it please let me know.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post pictures of their rides on here. Inspirational stuff.

My latest (tenth) Kona:

Itching to finish it, and ride it. Bombers are awaiting a part and I need a stem that fits.
(currently in mock up mode)

Latest posts

Back