Weekend weather

joe careless

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This one is coming right up our chuff's here in St.David's, Pembs. most of the day has been looking around and screwing things down.
Keep careful out there especially Sunday evening/Monday morning.
This could be an interesting storm..

were still going to play football in the local park monday regardless of what the weather is like :facepalm: was going to go for a ride sunday night but dont think i will now

COBRA are meeting after a Met Office update...

:shock:

Kind of worrying and exciting all at the same time.

131026_1200_42.png

I'm in West Somerset for a long weekend, just at the edge of Exmoor.

We rode the horses today, it was a bit breezy but nothing special.

Tonight... the owner of the B&B we are in (on a farm) advised me where to park my car and the trailer in order to keep it as safe as we can " we've lost some tiles off the roof before now, wouldn't want anything to hit your car" :shock: I just hope the horses don't blow away.

Out on a ride this afternoon and I watched some of those corrugated iron pig shelters being blown about. The pigs had already been blown away.
The wind was at my back for the last twenty minutes. The reward for, seemingly, an hour and a half into it.

In S Somerset on the levels....we had really bad gusts all arvo that tore some plastic off the tunnels in the plant nursery here and now it's eerily quiet apart from the thunder storms rumbling around :?

Are we at the eye of the storm? Don't think I'll sleep much whatever happens!! Hope they've not wound us all up unnecessarily but then again it's already doing damage elsewhere...Best of British to you all wherever you are!

Back