subaru foresters? are they as good as they seem?

bit of a better pic of the car. theres paint missing off the front bumper, loooong scratch down the passenger side, nice bash in the rear bumper just by the towbar where im assuming a trailer tow hitch as hit it, the car is generally filthy and i cant be bothered cleaning it :)

Attachments

• 1390461_557664147621142_1095716767_n.jpg
    1390461_557664147621142_1095716767_n.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 160
rubydoo11":ecbba4wd said:
i already hate the new car after he decided it would be alot of fun to race a bmw last night down some country lanes with me in the car hes learned he has power at the disposal of his right foot and hes using it i prefer the micra now !
had a licence a few weeks, driving a banged up old focus like he stole it.

I can see this ending up in a ditch. :facepalm:

mattr":2noxqm6m said:
rubydoo11":2noxqm6m said:
i already hate the new car after he decided it would be alot of fun to race a bmw last night down some country lanes with me in the car hes learned he has power at the disposal of his right foot and hes using it i prefer the micra now !
had a licence a few weeks, driving a banged up old focus like he stole it.

I can see this ending up in a ditch. :facepalm:
exactly that happened not long after he passed his bike test had his licence 4 or 5 months had a suzuki bandit 600 and crashed it needless to say im refusing to go in the car with him now

Have you considered doing an advanced driving course, or booking a track day so you can learn how to handle a car at speed? Best place to learn how to handle a car at its limits, public roads have a nasty habit of having human obstacles and such.

highlandsflyer":4v4eb6tq said:
Have you considered doing an advanced driving course, or booking a track day so you can learn how to handle a car at speed? Best place to learn how to handle a car at its limits, public roads have a nasty habit of having human obstacles and such.
not really thought about it but i am now.

Advanced driving course would be far more useful than a track day.
One will teach you how to make progress safely. The other will teach you to drive fast round a wide one way system with lots of space to make mistakes in.

Depends really, we've had a few guys who are worse after track days, based on the fact that they've done a track day and now "know how to drive fast".

But, it does depend on the track day.

id rather not go on a actual track day because from what ive been told id have to make certain mods to the car to meet safety regs and id rather not mod the car.
been looking at advanced courses etc and found these guys
http://www.driverskills.com/
my mum and girlfriend think i should do a young drivers course - skid pan training and advanced winter training. ill contact them on monday

I was lucky enough as a kid to ride motorbikes and drive from as soon as I could. My family were into various motorsports, and I was able to take shots of some serious machinery on a disused airfield and find out what happens when things get pear shaped at speed.

Unfortunately many only find out where the edge is on the public roads.

Back