Retrobike National Road Series Rd 7: Cotswolds ~ 02/11/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Retrobike National Road Series Rd 7: Cotswolds ~ 02/11/1

Bobinnogs and myself did a recce of the route today planned for the big day , everyone is really in for a treat :cool:

Excellent, I'm really looking forward to it.

Yepp, just as well we did the recce as the last 20k loop was probably a bit ambitious so we have shortened the route but added a summit finish for all those who want to emulate Pantani (Sherbet dibdabs will be available at the bottom of the climb for anyone who wants to powder their nose).

This is the route:

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3588953

Dave needs to find a cafe in Camden as we found the Broadway tower one a bit too far into the route.

I would recommend that folks come with a nice bottom gear (a 42x23 combo is going to be blinking tough and may need to be matched by a nice pair of walking shoes ;) ) and please check your brakes beforehand as there are some fast descents which will need some care due to inverse cambers, etc.

The descent into Winchcombe will be fun. Part of my regular loop. Fortunately I shall be in a box at Watford watching Leicester City beat them after a good lunch. Otherwise would have done the first bit to there after being dropped off.. ;)

Have a good one. Hope the weather is kind.

Still havent got a bike to ride - had to carefully turn down the Townsend 10spd with the Chromonix rims and the cotter pin chainset at the tip this afternoon...

I should be good for this, I've now got some ergos fitted but still on 39x23! Still - got up saintbury on it so should be ok

legrandefromage":222o65ns said:
Still havent got a bike to ride - had to carefully turn down the Townsend 10spd with the Chromonix rims and the cotter pin chainset at the tip this afternoon...

What size are you? :D

tarloone":1qddokss said:
I should be good for this, I've now got some ergos fitted but still on 39x23! Still - got up saintbury on it so should be ok

Brilliant look forward to seeing you :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back