1992 Rocky Mountain Altitude

Progress.... finally.....

foto%25201.JPG

foto%25202.JPG

foto%25203.JPG

It took me months to source a proper crown for the Mag 21. There are thousands of threadless crowns around, but a decent threaded Mag20/21 crown in 1.1/8" with at least 15cm of steerer tube is these days an oddity. The one I won on the Bay was long enough, but missed a couple of mm thread, luckily my local bike shop had the right tools and could bring some more thread on this crown. The mechanic had no idea what he was holding in his hands...

I'm trying to get this bike ready for the next Dutch retroride that takes place next weekend on a great location. the new to open Dutch Mountainbike Museum in Arnhem!

So for the moment these are the specs as I hope it will be finished:

Frame: '92 Rocky Mountain Altitude 20" in yellow/red
Fork: Rock Shox Mag21 original red forklegs with a '92 Mag20 (I think, can comeone confirm?) crown

Headset: Tioga Avenger CR (I sourced it because of it's very low stack height, but in the end I had more than enough thread so had to use a 5mm spacer)
Stem: Syncros CattleProd, 0 degree rise, 135mm in black with cable hanger (no need for this one)
Handlebar: Syncros heat treated with gold coloured shim
Grips: New Ouri grips in black, I love 'em :)
Brakes: Suntour XC Pro with the Self Energizing versions for the rear end
Brake Levers: Suntour XC Pro Multi mount

Shifters: Suntour XC Pro thumbies
Front Derailleur: Suntour Top pull FD-TP10-GXH. With a lot of luck I sourced this one from Poland...
Rear Derailleur: Suntour XC Pro Micro Drive short cage
Cassette: Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 7 speed 11-24t
Chain: Suntour Japan
Cranks: Suntour XC Pro Microdrive with Suntour 20/32/42 chainrings
Bottom Bracket: Suntour XC Pro 68mm Grease Guard
Pedals: Suntour XC Pro Grease Guard champagne cage

Hub Skewers: Suntour
Rims: Still not yet decided here. The current Araya rims are beyond usable life, I have a mint set of Araya RM20 in Antracite, but still in doubt...
Hubs: Suntour XC Pro 32h Grease Guard
Tyres: Not yet found... Probably a set of re-issued Smoke and Dart...

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite in black
Seatpost: Syncros 3rd generation 27.0 x 330mm

It is the Mag20 crown.

I'd look for some other rims, rm20's are a bit low end...

Wolber TR1 rim/Action tyres if you can get them..
Or the other choice of Ritchey Vantage Pro.
Or if staying with my preference of Araya them 395 Team or 400 Pro

FluffyChicken":8t9hbjo1 said:
It is the Mag20 crown.

I'd look for some other rims, rm20's are a bit low end...

Wolber TR1 rim/Action tyres if you can get them..
Or the other choice of Ritchey Vantage Pro.
Or if staying with my preference of Araya them 395 Team or 400 Pro

Thanks FC. Agree on the RM20's, on top I think they would not look good on this bike. The wheels I have are currently build with Araya RM-400Pro's in silver. The rear wheel needs a new rim but the front has still life in it. So I need to source one 32 hole (I think) RM-400Pro rim somewhere. Hopefully they are still around.

Now fitted with the right tires. Nearly finished. The rear rims needs to be replaced and that's it I would say.

P1010806.JPG

troje":ggopjden said:
And together with its younger sisters:

foto%25203%2520%25281%2529.JPG
thank goodness i have a thunderbolt under my roof, otherwise i'd be very jealous looking at them three under yours. ;)

do i spy that RF headset on the 94 finally? :)

Latest posts

Back