19" Roberts White Spider Frame - NOW SOLD

Bike Hoarder

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
For sale;

19" Chas Roberts White Spider (19.5" centre to top). £50 posted.

This frame needs no introduction, just do a search on here. Hand built, fillet brazed, Columbus tubing (i think).

But, and here is the but.... it needs some work. From what i can see, the down tube and seat tube need replacing, also the BB is seized, so a new BB shell is probably necessary. Both tubes are extensively rusty, and the down tube has pin holes around the bottle cage bosses.

See the pictures...

20131026_154810.jpg by Bike Hoarder, on Flickr

20131026_154827.jpg by Bike Hoarder, on Flickr

20131026_154843.jpg by Bike Hoarder, on Flickr

20131026_154906.jpg by Bike Hoarder, on Flickr

20131026_154925.jpg by Bike Hoarder, on Flickr

20131026_154935.jpg by Bike Hoarder, on Flickr

20131026_155042.jpg by Bike Hoarder, on Flickr

Re: 19" Roberts White Spider Frame - Restoration!!

And in the understatement of the year so far..."....it needs some work...."

Even given the work needed, I thought this would be gone by now.

Nothing there that a couple of tubes and a lick of paint can't fix - type bump

Great frame - somebody on here surely must save this and restore it back to its former glory!!! bit of british frame building :cool:

If it was me I'd take it to Chas him self but by all accounts he's a bit of a prima donna to deal with :?

RobMac":34c1rm6t said:
If it was me I'd take it to Chas him self but by all accounts he's a bit of a prima donna to deal with :?

That's exactly what I would do.

As for Chas, I couldn't disagree more, when I had my DOGS BOLX done, they were great.

That said, I would NOT use their painter (they don't paint in house), as my frame took months to come back from the paint shop.

I have a similar frame to be restored, they are a great fame. I've hear similar stories around the painters used by roberts. a question for myself and prospective buyers of this item - where can the decals be obtained from? e.g. headsteamp, down tube and top tube decals including the spiderlogo?

Back