Peugeot Aneto

I've been a bit remiss in updating things, but the conversion of the Aneto to full Mavic is complete. I'm not 100% sure about the brakes. I'd really prefer some Modolo Equipe (or the Mavic labelled equivalents). Otherwise it's riding well!

Evening everyone! I have an Aneto for sale if anyone wants to buy one - it's a 57cm and is available on eBay at the moment. And as a BONUS I am in Waterlooville - I think I raced the Verwood Carnival - wasn't that the race that finished just outside Darren Kenny's house??? I crashed my Romani on the little bridge with about a mile to go and Darren won... Anyhoooo... Peugeot Aneto - been in storage in a bike bag, so in pretty fair condition.... Just saying.... Search eBay... Ends Sunday 10th August 2013.

Re:

I've been lurking in the background for a while but thought you retro types might like a Peugeot Aneto related update. This baby is now a race winner. Oh yes sir!

Somewhat hilariously it not only won the Tour of Ayrshire 'Tour Classic' category (not the most hotly contested I have to confess!) but it got the fastest time around the shorter 'Medio Fondo' route. So fast, in fact, that i got out ahead of the elite race and all the crowds in the villages en-route thought I was the 'real' winner. Crossed the finish line as the first man back :LOL: :LOL:

I tell you what though, retro bike or not, this is a right little flyer. She fair zips along. I have to admit that the novelty of Simplex friction levers began to wear off towards the end: a bit like trying to thread a needle while riding a horse. The Mavic/Modolo brakes were also a bit, er, interesting. Lots of reassuring bite and initial braking force...which rapidly disappears the harder you pull the levers. What didn't wear off was ripping past numerous five grand plus carbon race replicas, wind whistling through my exposed brake cables :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though, it was a great event and they are keen to grow the classic part of it. Come on up in 2018 - we've some terrific roads and scenery round here and you'll be made to feel very welcome :) I'll even personally guarantee the weather...!

Back