Postie just been!!! 97 GT Talera Team Scream Karma!

You could mount the thumbies under the bars for extra retro kudos....

Bar ends on risers need to point back towards the rider, it's the law

Now that really is a step too far, even for me.

Don't tell me, you just happen to have one for sale. :mrgreen:

Just walked the hounds after finishing it. Time for shakedown ride and a couple of pics.

Let me assure you you won't be impressed.

Now I remember why I enjoyed building the Marin. Take a random collection of leftover bits, a little knowledge of how they should fit together and a couple of hours of quality man time, and you can end up with something way more than the sum of its parts.

The GT was a joy to ride on the road. 70psi saw off the bumps and the rolling resistance. The big 48/38/28 was ideal for an old man such as that what I is.

The shakedown ride turned into just under 25 miles of pleasure. Sadly I now have no excuse not to ride in all weathers, on or off road as I have just put together a little gem. Very much a 'GT' in the traditional sense.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 304
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 304
The slicks I can live with, but mudguards and bar ends? :facepalm:

The rest of it looks good.

It is designed to be road, distance, darkness and weather friendly. Hence lights, mudguards, bar ends, slicks, V brakes and a lack of consideration for much else. But I can honestly say it's probably the quickest and most stylish GT on the site. Well in my shed at least.

My thanks to Ray, Stevie and Andrea with part selection.

As for the Alves and Overbury's, this is keeping them safe from harm over the winter. :LOL:

The History Man":hux530x7 said:
It is designed to be road, distance, darkness and weather friendly. Hence lights, mudguards, bar ends, slicks, V brakes and a lack of consideration for much else. But I can honestly say it's probably the quickest and most stylish GT on the site.

My Raleigh is used on the road, ridden distances in rain and shine, daytime and darkness; it has neither mudguards nor bar ends.

As for the quickest GT on the site.... I'll take that challenge, my alloy whippet vs you steel Titanic. :twisted:

Back