Ex team bikes or bikes once owned by famous riders....

fattiman

Senior Retro Guru
Are there any on here? For example only the other day I was wondering what happened to Dave Hemming's bikes, namely the Orange E3 from Dirt, his Yo eddy and Shock a billy? Also Darren Tapp's yo eddy or clive Goslings?? Surely these bikes are out there somewhere?? They would make such an interesting read!!

Also interested in this. I think I read recently that a member here/Fatcogs does own one of Dave Hemming's Yo Eddys.

I would love to see shots of genuine Gary Helfrich welded Fat Team race bikes with the famous Leni Fried artwork. One sold on eBay last year but the pics were deleted.

yes has to be some interesting stories/pics out there - those bikes wont simply vanish! For example someone who worked at Stiff in the mid 1990's may know about Hemmings E3 or indeed at Evolution ref the Yo's??

Not trying to be sentimental but I think those few lucky enough to own such bikes have a duty to look after them or should they be hammered into the ground ? :roll: :LOL:

Here's a question... at some stage surely some of these bikes transcend into works of art ? I'm thinking Leni Fried again, custom Klein paintwork maybe.

Dave's Yo is owned by "yo eddy" (aka Roy) on here, it went through about 2-3 owners after turing up on ebay but has settled with him now.

Sinnett found adrian timmis' raleigh team bike on ebay, restored it then even got adrian out on at a retro ride

barrie clarke's national champs winning bike is owned my Martyn aka TSC (i think)

so a few of those bikes are owned by members, i sure there are others

Warner's were mainly destroyed although I did tap up Rob Kinsey who if I recall right had a pair of rob/ tomacs yellow 02 boxxers.... Much rarer than the team frames

Peaty sold a lot through NWMBC (Andy kiffin) but also kept a lot too...

Back