subaru foresters? are they as good as they seem?

with the micra refusing to start for the past two days and me having no clue what was up with it i decided to just go and get a new motor. sold the micra to my uncle and i went and got this. a 2003 ford focus estate. its not in the best of cosmetic nick but its mechanically sound and has long tax and test. starts first time everytime and runs like a beaut even with 173k on the clock :) gfs citroen c2 behind it. not the best of pics but ill take some better ones tmoz :)

Attachments

• 1376446_10200941995094178_137426471_n.jpg
    1376446_10200941995094178_137426471_n.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 147
yet to see what its like on diesel really but i put £20 in it lunchtime and done the last schoolrun for a week in it, should see what sort of mpg i get in next few weeks.kids seemed happier, even had the dog in the boot, plenty of room and nice not to have them bickering for once. feels stuck to the road too unlike the micra, really liking it so far.

Good move.

You can buy a set of snow chains for any serious downfall, or just not drive during those weeks and be smug about not wasting fuel the rest of the year driving an all wheel drive.

I love the Focus driving characteristics, and the estate is a handy load lugger. Proper grown up car.

Last one I had back in 2000 or so returned 50 plus as far as I recall.

well as you can see in the pic we live on a reallly steep hill wich the council snow plows cant get up in the snow so they dont get cleared, snow chains will probably get bought if not im thinking a set of steelies and some snow tyres (will keep them in shed when its not snowing and put alloys back on) will see when the snow comes, either way will most likely have to take the long route home just to avoid driving up the hill (driving down is probably going to be just as much fun)
feels alot better to drive versus the nissan micra and nissan note, gearbox seems alot more spot on if you get me, it hauls butt when i put my foot down but feels properly gripped to the road, dont know if ill carry any heavy loads in it apart from my tool box and mig welder in the boot here and there, other than that itll do the occasional trip to cannock chase, do the school run a few times each week, the weekly shop should fit in the boot and ill drive it to college when i cant be bothered with the bus

All grown up now eh? :LOL:

Get a road atlas, tartan car blanket and a yin of boiled sweets and you're made!

Good choice until you get some ncb.

ive got a a2z from when i first got the micra as the 12v socket didnt work meaning i couldnt use my sat nav........ theres a thomas the tank blanket lin the boot from when the dog was in there and ive got toffees in the driver door card..... does that count? :LOL:

well im going for my first really long drive + really long drive in the focus on monday, off to prestatyn for 2 nights with the gf. 100 miles there 100 miles back according to the sat nav. im sure itll eat the miles on the mototrway :)

i already hate the new car after he decided it would be alot of fun to race a bmw last night down some country lanes with me in the car hes learned he has power at the disposal of his right foot and hes using it i prefer the micra now !

Back