Your Memories as a child - MUSIC RELATED!

Oddly, the two earliest tunes for me aren't nursery rhymes but, 'Fiffy Foo' and 'Boom diddy boom'.

I later found out that these were, respectively, 'Eye Level' (AKA the theme from Van der Valk - yep Google is your friend), and 'Goodness Gracious Me' by Sellers and Loren.

Maybe TV raised me? Match of the day theme and Starsky and Hutch are later but still bold in my mind.

TGR":2ttr7dqf said:
Alison,

What is the first song/tune/nursery rhyme you remember?

Richard

Not quite a song but my mother used to half sing to me

"There was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, when she was good, she was very very good, but when she was bad she was 'orrid"

Mmmm I think she might have been suggesting something :D

She never sang nursery rhymes

Alison

Alison,

Thats the stuff I am interested in. And i know that song/tune/poem?

I am sure you turned out better than good!!!

Richard

TGR":2xeg900w said:
Alison,

Thats the stuff I am interested in. And i know that song/tune/poem?

I am sure you turned out better than good!!!

Richard

He he, There was also "She stood at the bridge at midnight, her lips were all a quiver, she gave a cough her leg fell off and floated down the river"

Alison

Sunday mornings, Wings - Band on the Run or the Beatles on the record deck, maybe cream or BA Robertson

Just got my 1st deck a month ago - listening to tears by the stone roses and for the first time ever I had to take bass off my seperates because the bass cone almost disintegrated...

Family holidays to Yorkshire/Lake District with either Phil Collins/Queen or Dire Straits on the cassette player. :D :facepalm:

SteveKlein":1fnmrrxx said:
Family holidays to Yorkshire/Lake District

A family holiday to Devon and Cornwall, me and Nick[cousin] abusing campers watching an Elvis film in the camp site television room, only just escaping as a mad ted tried to grab us;-)
Nick buying purple hexagon shades which he didn't take off for a few weeks.
Riding in the front of my old mans Humber Hawk, me and Nick singing along to Arnold Layne and my dad who is an opera/dead blokes music fan singing along to some songs, I can remember him singing Lily the Pink, which he denies to this day.

TGR, that'll be 'The Purple People Eater' aroundabout 1970. Fats Domino's 'The Fat Man' figured now and again, too, with Jim Reeves' 'Distant Drums' a not infrequent Sunday nite-is-school-ironing-nite feature.

Back