old bike rebuild

RadNomad":10qgail2 said:
Nice job, great to see someone give some tlc to a bike which would be overlooked - and even thrown in a skip - by many. This should look sweet when it's done. Nice write up too, thanks for sharing.
You might get more interest on this thread if you shift it to the 'retro classic road' or 'reader's road bikes' section (this section is for bikes newer than 199:cool:.

I'm not too good with website to be honest I would have no ideas how to move this lol...

Welt tonight I've cleaned the original John bull brake blocks with a wire brush and put them back on the bike, and started cleaning the peddles.

Just the front wheel and tyre and will be taking her out for a quick around the block test then on to eBay.

Im now back been a little busy collecting more old bikes have collected 2 more folding shopper bikes and a box of bits from a barn find, well since last time iv'e cleaned both peddles ones has a little damage but dont seem to affect the way it works in any way.

have just replaced the front tube and fitted the tyre a bit of time spent wire wooling and fitted back in the bike just got a few adjustments on the brakes then tightning up all the leavers and handle bars.

and hopfully ill be ridding it up the road if we get a dry day.

Nearly christmas and every one get busy getting ready well not me i'm still in the shed taking a part old bikes lol well guys here the hurcules iv'e finished... all working order and ready for sale.

Attachments

• hurcules boy bike 1950s.jpg
    hurcules boy bike 1950s.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 2013 - 1.jpg
    2013 - 1.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 116
Back