Paypal eCheques

JustKev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
What are they?

How do you send them?

People keep paying me with them. :evil: They take 7-9 days to clear. :evil: And then another 5-7 working days for funds to transfer to my bank account :evil:

16 days to get your money for an ebay sale!

Rant Over.

they are annoying arent they?

I think its if you pay from a bank account, and if its over a certain amount of money, I recently paid with one (not on purpose) for several seperate items from the US, which on their owbn were small amounts, but added up - I couldnt figure out a way of not paying like that?

theboy":2m0kto0x said:
they are annoying arent they?

Yep. Annoying to say the least.

Can you send them if you don't have funds? ie waiting for payday :roll:

My Paypal account defaulted to sending them when one of my debit cards expired. As there was no back up for funds or something like that....

Yup they're a pain the proverbial, so my apologies to Scant who just got one from me.

They happen where your account is funded from a Bank Account, if you fund from a credit card then I believe it retains the old instant(ish) transfer. I've not altered my PayPal account as I've no wish to give them any more info than absolutely necessary.

It's just another pathetic PayPal load of cobblers, they're earning interest on it whilst it floats about in their accounts.

I've never come across them, by the sounds of it that's because my account is linked to a credit card

They are a proper pain as you cannot cancel them either!!

And it seems a lifetime waiting for one to clear when you cannot wait for the bits to arrive :LOL:

billinjah":1ss3j2q7 said:
but they are free to receive now as are payments from balance which is nice!

Is that right?

So 3.25% of £235 = £7.50 (approx)

Maybe worth waiting a few extra days then.........

Back