Official Retrobike MM thread - ONE WEEK LEFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birdman":vpc3by4d said:
ON YOUR LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the spirit Birdman. If they were stupid enough to shout left and go right I used to give them a shoulder barge as they attempt to pass :D

Pacing shouldn't be a problem, except for those on first lap duty. 1/2 mile run to start. Who's taking the team batons?

And weather forecast looks okay. Hope it doesn't change :?

Decided 3 bikes is an overkill, so just bringing the RTS and LTS.

LTS done, so not going to touch that anymore :LOL:

RTS 99%, just waiting on my LBS getting a new middle ring as the current XT one (off the LTS) is a little tired (they should have it in today......but not as at 2.15pm :roll: ).

Off out on the Avalanche tonight for a steady hour and a half or so.......then easy hour ride Monday, Wednesday and leave it at that.

Tyre choice ideas??? Mine are currently wearing 1.8's Fire XC Pro's and 1.95 Wildgrippers. Don't know if I should bring some 2.1's???

I ll bring the Colnago and M2 .

regarding tyres I ll bring a pair of :

Panaracer Magic if dry
Panaracer Spikes if wet
Specialized Umma gummas

I'm bringing a rigid Avalanche and hopefully my P7. Was suppost to pick it up from the powdercoaters tonight, now told it'll be ready Monday :evil:
Bit of a worry as the components I'm building it with have never been on the same bike at the same time before and I was hoping to do a few test rides before the day :?

Tyres will be dependant on what the weathers up to, Small Block 8s if dry (super fast), Fire 2.1s for damp and either 1.9 TrailRapers or 1.8 Muds if its going to rain. In fact if the weather does look poor I can bring both of these if anyone wants to borrow a set?

So do you have race numbers? Or has everyone got the team jerseys? I will get some photos :D

Pickle":3p3ygo2r said:
Well, if you want to volunteer...... ;)

Unfortunately I can't actually guarantee that I will even be there. Lots of other things all on the same weekend. However, one thing I've learned in a long and sometimes difficult life is never to volunteer without knowing EXACTLY what the circumstances (and possible rewards) might be!

Anyway, if I do come, I don't know whether to bring my Scott Team Pro in it's basic raw unrestored (ie dirty and rusty) condition or the DynaTech Comfort Cruiser.

I suppose also that if I pulled my finger out I could get the Dual Response into a ridable condition.

Oh, all these choices................. :?

mm

panaracer spikes f+r if its wet and i am feeling suicidal :LOL: ,and if dry irc mythos rear and dart or duster pro front.gona bring some of my retro bits that i am trying to sell ie dale frame+forks and rs mag21 to help fund the fuel bill if thats ok .i am starting to get a bit nervous now ,never raced in a 4 man team dont want to let anyone down.suppose i better just keep going with my head down.
going down thursday day how will i know were the retrobike villiage is :?:

Nobby, think Gus is going down Thu to scope out a pitch, prolly best if you drop him a pm so you can hook up when you get there. Hes a good guy, just don't mention what tyres/change of clothes/stem heights ;)

No fear on letting the team down. We will just take you in the tent for a kicking if your times are too slow :) wont happen again*

* not actually very likely, as I am prolly gonna be the weak link in our team :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back