Your Memories as a child - MUSIC RELATED!

TGR

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hi all,

I thought i would post this as i added a song the Cover Versions thread and it made me think.

The link on the Cover Versions was to the Banana Splits Theme - the original and the Dickies cover of it.

So, what are your childhood musical memories. One song per post is fair i think.

Here is one of mine -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig3GcDBjQN4

Casey Jones - remember him?

Have a Happy Halloween,

Richard

Cream - I Feel Free

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb_Uu0eTNWk[/youtube]

one of my earliest musical memories and the first thing I recall from TOTP :D

Now then, now then, now then :shock:

I was just seven years old and sick as a dog, the stifling summer heat and humidity, I had the whopping cough and I had it real bad.
It's just a bad cold, the boy will soon be over it.....

Coughing at night till I vommited blood, couldn't eat or drink, just the coughing and the sickness....

A rushed trip to the doctors, hushed conversations between the grown ups, no smiles, needs penicillin.

Lying in my sick bed staring at reflections on the ceiling, on the radio they play "Summer Breeze" by the Isley Brothers on a continual loop it seems... "Summer breeze makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4YklqpJaUQ

Standing waiting for the bus at Newbattle Swimming baths to take me and my classmates back to school after swimming lessons eating mojo sweets from the shop and listening to "Gary Numan - Cars"
In my head I'm a wee kid in a blue snorkel parka and flared trousers every time I hear that tune.

When I got my first record player at 13 with my first LP Never Mind The Bollocks, God Save The Queen being my fav at the time, I enjoyed knowing that all the other Catholic mums would be so shocked at my mums choice, she was a cool mum :)

Alison

Good thread! As the '70s were drawing to a close, at about seven or eight years old i remember getting into music by playing my mother's teenage 45s on my father's old Ferguson radiogram. There was Buddy Holly, Shadows, Cliff, but my favourite was Eddie Cochran's "C'mon Everybody!".

Emma by Hot Chocolate and Angelface by the Glitter Band were pleyed on the valve wireless as I lay in bed with German measles.

Alison":2anghves said:
When I got my first record player at 13 with my first LP Never Mind The Bollocks, God Save The Queen being my fav at the time, I enjoyed knowing that all the other Catholic mums would be so shocked at my mums choice, she was a cool mum :)

Alison

First lp i got as xmas pressie was tonic for the troops first one i bought with saved up pocket money was never mind the bolllocks for princely sum of 1.99 was the us import version

On the sickness theme - there must be something about memory of music when you are ill, I was in hospital with appendicitis and Eruption - I Can't Stand the Rain was on the radio all the time.

I should add the point of the thread was really earliest music - not necessarily records, it could be a song that was sung to you, for example, Bye Bye Blackbird - which my grandfather sang around the same time that Casey Jones was on during the holidays.

Richard

Back