Kona Fire Mountain Shock...recent rebuild and paint!

So here's the current state....looks....great. But I'm happy with the hidden weight loss

20131025_164823_zps673aab10.jpg

Just procured some kevlar Furious Freds - shout out to WD Pro - just waiting on delivery. Both tyres weigh less than one of the Panaracers so i'm still losing weight.....just got to get my own Christmas pounds off now hah

Ye shall receive....well, one pic anyway!

Got it built back up with the upgrades and weight shedding parts, looking almost exactly the same but weighing a kg less!

Shout out to WD Pro for the Fred's, suburbanreuben for the silly-light stem and bay for countless bargains!

The plan was to single speed it but Christmas and wedding plans have put any further shopping on hold!

so just to finalise the weight-shaving:

Old stem 250g
DMR bar 380g
Old Saddle 470g
Panaracer tyres x2 1,380g

2,480g off

syntace stem 112g
easton bar 155g
wtb saddle 350g
scwalbe fred evo x2 635g

1,252 on

WEIGHT SAVING = 1,228g or 2.7lbs

RESULT! My target of 1.5kg before wheels is looking pretty good. if i can get a shim for my USE seatpost that weighs next to nothing then i'll shave a bit more, there is also pedals/chainset to look into before i even contemplate wheels.

it's looking good.

I believe there are help groups out there for the medical condition "weightweeniestmustlosemoreus" and is treatable by buying some old school steel ! :D
this condition if not treated can lead to "drilliumimsureicanlosemoreweight" ! :D

on a more serious note, I really like the look of the bike and especially those forks !

street":yi24uxpr said:
Very classy job, much nicer than the original blue :)
I really like the build...only thing I would change is the colour - much preferred the original blue (sorry, just my opinion :oops: ). I think the paint schemes on Kona's 1996-98 were amazing, this fire mountain included.

Back