47p2":2godqt1g said:
RobMac":2godqt1g said:
A wouldn't mind gettin a Arran Blonde round ma neck :shock:

Could be cosy
ootd270920122.jpg

Re: Arran Road Circuit - Early November - 2nd Nov Probably

Mr Panda":2fnftov9 said:
Jeezus I got a fright there!

Aye, gave yirself a fright thinking of the possibilities.

Yup headin across on Friday, not used my Bivvy tent all year despite my intentions so this is as good an excuse as I'll get before winter tightens its grip. I could rough camp, but the barely one step up from that of Glen Rosa Campsite with a cold water toilet block and nae lights for £4 will be first choice. Then put tent and kit in Brodick Ferry Terminal left luggage on Saturday to await return from circuit. Might not be fighting fit on Saturday morn when I meet with you but less knackered than I would be if I travelled over via trains and ferry on Saturday morning.
56 miles in November on the west of Scotland, are we mad, probably, but it is a good road circuit and I'm looking forward to it.

Still a chance I may come along for this. I can probably get time off work but I'm keeping an eye on the weather forecast. Don't want to waste a day in the book if the run gets cancelled . At the moment its forecast for typical November weather

If I come I'll be on a modern bike as the only retrobike I have just now is my Claud Butler and I don't think single speed would hack it on the hills :LOL:

I'm still building mine, if I fail its the 4 Abbeys Gas Pipe Special for Arran...........oh dear.....

I would really like to bring my 1980 Alan Super Record but I don't think my leg muscles are developed enough to pedal 42-19 up Goat Fell

Mind you if the blonde above was chasing me I think I could climb Everest with 42-17 :LOL: :LOL:

47p2":3ob3k5t6 said:
...For anyone leaving from Glasgow

There’s a train from Glasgow Central at 08:34, arriving at Ardrossan at 09:20 in time for the 09:45 ferry. Check-in is at least 10 minutes before departure, it looks like the cost is £11.05 return, and the bike goes for free. Car parking is not expensive (less than £5 for the day?)

You can take the precaution of leaving a bag of dry clothes etc. in the "Left Luggage" at Brodick Ferry terminal, at a cost of £1 per bag. Walking around and climbing stairs on the ship in cycling-shoes can be tricky, and uncomfortable in wet clothes (said he, optimistically).

Return ferry time is: Brodick leave 16.40 (17.35 Ardrossan arrive) Train 18.00 for Glasgow 18.44

"Just in case" later ferry leaves
Brodick 19.20 (20.15 Ardrossan arrive) Train 20.31 for Glasgow 21.14 but hopefully we wont need this one...

Just a thought.

It's a late start, how much daylight will we have now summer time has ended?

Back