Tushingham B52 17.5"

Thanks again for all info. My daughter is back from Uni this weekend hoping for a commuter bike to take back. Oops, not happening with this one anyway. I'm keeping it in Cumbria under lock and key meantime. Since its so close to 100% original I'm going to try and complete it. I won't do the paintwork. I like a few marks to show it has had a life. It would be good if Tushingham transfers were available but other than this it will have a very gentle life for the next few months.

Please don't remove that orignal paint!
There is a chap on this forum who can replicate pretty much any decal if you can supply a decent image of how it should look, and the size. His name on here is Gil_m, send him a pm with your requirements.

Cheers,
Andrew

Please don't remove that orignal paint!
There is a chap on this forum who can replicate pretty much any decal if you can supply a decent image of how it should look, and the size.

Don't worry I wouldn't dream of touching the paint. Thanks for info on decals too, most helpful. I've checked with other threads and the seat in fact is also the original; this bike hasn't been used much. Only the handlebars and levers seem to have been changed. Pity, but I will try and source them, no rush. Here's a couple more pics.

Do you have some pics of the saddle?

I may have some levers/shifters which are very similar to the originals. The originals should be Exage Mountain, I think the ones I have are Exage Trail, which are more or less the same, but black instead of silver.

I think the chainset may have been changed too, can we have some pics from the drive side.

I don't have a Tushingham B52 per se, but I have the Muddy Fox Courier version, which is identical apart from the paintwork.

Cheers,
Andrew

Just a quick note, if decals are replicated, try and ensure the neon grid is in the background of the decals if you are trying to ensure accuracy.

Im sure its visible to your eye but bloody hard to take a pic of.

:cool:

I can't really make out the writing but could it be something like Penta Proezil as suggested in another B52 thread? I've put a bit of tlc into the saddle, not sure if the picture does it justice.

Is this the pic you wanted Andrew? Exage crank and SIS chainrings. I think these are original spec.

Whiteyak1":k94bpexv said:

I can't really make out the writing but could it be something like Penta Proezil as suggested in another B52 thread? I've put a bit of tlc into the saddle, not sure if the picture does it justice.

Is this the pic you wanted Andrew? Exage crank and SIS chainrings. I think these are original spec.

Sadly not, should be Exage mountain. The ones you have are much later. Shouldn't been too hard to find the right ones on here though. Try the wanted section.

Saddle is correct indeed so that's a plus as they're not that easy to find without a Muddy fox attached to them! :D

Cheers,
Andrew

OK it's been a couple of months on now and my daughter has been home from Uni for three weeks, going back tomorrow, and we've been out on some forest trails with her using the B52 a few times. Short story, she doesn't like it, thinks it's nowhere near as good as her Giant. Of course she's right, it won't be as good as a modern bike and she doesn't really appreciate the aesthetic of riding a piece of history. It is too small for me at 6'2" so I have the choice really of selling it on or turning it into a museum piece.

I'll probably sell it on ebay with a very high Buy it Now price but leave it open to offers......that way I get to check who is bidding and try and make sure they are wanting the bike to be used. I've seen a couple of vintage bikes on sale with what seems to me to be very silly asking prices and I'm guessing that is what they are doing, though if someone paid the asking price (£2000) in one case then they'd sell I guess. Before I do that, if anyone here is interested in buying then pm me. Most of the details will be on the previous inputs on this thread but if you want more or some more detailed please ask.

Back