The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!

I just happened upon this cool retro site looking for some info about my bike, and I just had to register. Very informative site and you guys have some wicked cool bikes.

I just moved to Waco, Texas to attend school at TSTC, and I realized that a couple miles away was apparently a world famous mountain bike park: Cameron Park. I dusted off the old bike I bought while I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan (USMC) and hit the trails. I'm hooked! I was busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest! I've ridden in Wyoming and California on the mountains nearby, but those trails here were great.

Anyways...I ride a 1995 Miyata Trailrunner alloy (made in Japan). I'm afraid I don't know much about it, but from what I've seen here, It seems to be a pretty decent bike. It may not have suspension, but that never slowed me down before. I'll go post pics in the Readers Rides section.

Great site! I hope to talk to ya'll later.
Bob

Been riding since before I could walk. Took a bike mechanic's apprenticeship out of school and moved on to managing a bike shop. These days i'm Operations Manager for... you guessed it, a Bike wholesale Company. I've raced MTB's for 18 odd years.

Had a bike or 2 over the years. I've listed them as accurately as I can recall below.

Got interested in vintage MTB's & vintage MTB associated paraphenalia about a year ago and have been loving it!

The End.

1970’S
CHOPPER
HEALING SUPERMAX 2 BMX
1980’S
HEALING 10 SPEED
HEALING VIPER BMX
PK RIPPER BMX
REDLINE BMX
MORRISON SIDEWINDER
MORRISON SIDEWINDER
AVANTI RIDGE RIDER
NISHIKI ARIEL
NISHIKI ALIEN ACX (CURRENT)
SHOGUN PRARIE BREAKER TEAM (CURRENT)
ALPINESTARS ALMEGA DX (CURRENT)
MONGOOSE IBOC COMP (CURRENT)
AVANTI LIGHTNING XTR
FISHER MONTARE (CURRENT)
AMERICAN COMP LITE XTR (CURRENT)
HARO EXTREME (CURRENT)
AMP RESEARCH B2
AVANTI SUPER SPRINT
AVANTI ZOG
AVANTI KONA
AVANTI HARDCORE
AVANTI ULTEGRA
AVANTI MOTO PRO
SPECIALIZED FSR EXTREME
SPECIALIZED ROCKHOPPER A1 COMP
SPECIALIZED BIG HIT FSR
AVANTI AGGRESSOR
AVANTI CORSA
ROCKY MOUNTAIN BLIZZARD
SPECIALIZED BIG HIT COMP
SPECIALIZED ALLEZ COMP
SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER
SPECIALIZED S-WORKS DH
SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ROAD
SPECIALIZED ENDURO EXPERT
SPECIALIZED BIG HIT DH
SPECIALIZED BIG HIT PRO (CURRENT)
SPECIALIZED ALLEZ COMP
SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER HT
AVANTI HAMMER
SPECIALIZED DEMO 9 DH
SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER PRO (CURRENT)
GIANT TCR COMPOSITE 2
GIANT FAITH 1
SPECIALIZED TARMAC PRO (CURRENT)
SPECIALIZED DEMO 8 II

Strewth, that Bike Wholesaler wouldn't be importing Specialized by any chance would it ;)

Glad you joined up here mate.. Funny thing is, now that you've joined here, you'll find you work back down your list of bikes!

Although not the year for it, you've got one of the best Retro steeds on your list, the Rocky Mountain Blizzard.. If I could just find a 1990 model :D

Hello! Thought I should say... erm... hello. So I am. Anyway...

I've had my Orange for about 10 years - was hugely into mtbs the whole time I was at school & it stood up to the abuse of uni too, but I've been far more 'into' cars in recent years.

Then I saw my dream (from back in the day!) Proflex 856 sat on the back seat of a mate's car at a car club meet, found the ID riders forum whilst looking for elastomers, found a link to this site, & now I have another expensive hobby! :D

Now, anyone got a DBR axis TT hidden away in their garden shed? Pretty please?!

Hi Guys!

Just thought I would introduce myself - I mainly trail ride on my mountian bike now - a trusty 1996 Marin Pine Mountain.

Used to race XC alot, now a bit mellower and into triathlon.

Will post some pics in a bit.

Thanks all for a great site!

Matt

Hi everybody (in the voice of Doctor Nick)!

I'm Neil, just joined so that I could get on to Jez to buy some parts. My nephew and his mate are site regulars and forwarded me the link - it's brilliant! In the shed at the moment - Kona Cider Cone, Merlin XLM, AMP/Mongoose.

Just checking everything works - later I'll be turning MTB history on its head.

Tata

Heloo, Just found this site. Some nice bikes! Here's a pic of my '99 Ti Fat.
bikepics-701795-full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back