23" Merckx frame and forks £40 BIN

47p2

Senior Retro Guru
It won't last long at that price

Click

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Poo Pants! :p

Apparently Merckx nearly fainted when he saw such crap with his name on it. The contract with Falcon was not renewed.

Bugloss

This always got me wondering why he did it...........and we had to sell the damn things.

Before they arrived we saw pictures of a Falcon built Mercx in 531 kitted out in all Campag but never had one in the shop. Maybe that's what they showed Mercx and he said yes............

Shaun

PS Actually I think there's a pic of one on the net.

He was probably bamboozled, like you say.

How about Kessels though ?

You got in there quick with that Shaun. The Super Competition would have won him over easily, that's high spec.

Can you imagine the face he pulled when he went to see the Falcon factory with all those cheap frames and Eddy Merckx written all over them. I bet it still keeps him awake at night. :LOL:

Never seen a Super Competition apart from in a photo :)

I wonder if Kessels did a quality Merckx?

I doubt if he saw the Falcon Factory....... back in the 70's the UK economy died and we were on a 3 day week.....candles at home and my dad made redundant. Icelandic Cod wars and Swedish pit prop imports into the Falcon factory area killed any prospect of people spending money....

Shaun

I've seen that pic of the 1972 Falcon before. Not sure it's real as the brake shoe guides are dipped, the ring is SR and there is a braze on for the rear mech on the chainstay and BB.......the Falcon build team didn't braze onto 531.

So not sure if it's a fake?

Shaun

Back