Kona Project 2 Fork.

Explosif Phil

Old School Hero
I have a original Triple Butted Kona P2 fork with A-C 410mm, 163mm threaded steerer, 1 1/8 headset that I took off my 1995 Explosif . Recently it has been media blasted and powder coated black whilst my frame was being done as well. I will also include the period correct decals which have not been used yet, sourced from Gill M. I also have a Velocity stem 120mm that has also been powder coated black and I have the decals to match which haven't been applied yet but are included.

I would like £50 for the fork and £20 for the stem after considering the cost of courier, powder coater, decals and then postage to the buyer. They have been in my spare room for months and I really would like someone to use them.

Make me an offer
:)

Attachments

• 20130306_144130.jpg
    20130306_144130.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,690
  • 20130306_144055.jpg
    20130306_144055.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,688
I was sure that anyone reading it came off a 96 Explosif would know it is 1/18 and the steerer length as I when I posted the question when I joined Retrobike most people told me the details just from my bike!
Now you have asked I can't remember the length, hoping someone will remind pls

Steerer length will be based on the size the bike. It's pretty critical tbh for any buyer so your best measuring it.

Two week bump .

Would like to know if I have over priced my forks and stem, or is there just nobody who wants them right now?

Explosif Phil":148fqg9k said:
Two week bump .

Would like to know if I have over priced my forks and stem, or is there just nobody who wants them right now?
Yeah, they're overpriced for what looks to be a very short steerer...
They've been powdercoated (why?) so aren't original. Original condition ones with the odd scrape might fetch £50-60 . unmolested you can see how they've been treated over the years.

Also, people might have given up waiting for you to measure them...

Mid week Bump.

In answer to your Q's. They were powder coated because the original paint was non existent, badly damaged etc. The stererer A-C length is 410mm. I do have the photo's from when they were media blasted there was no damage to the fork legs or crown or steerer for that matter. They come with Project 2 / Gil M decals ready to apply.

I am keen to see someone who wants/needs the forks buy them. Open to offers around £50 :D

Hi, I would be happy to post anywhere as long as you are happy to pay for it. Either you or I can arrange a courier. I also have the original matching Velocity stem advertised on Retrobike too. If you want the pair I a can do a deal on the price for you.

Back