MacRetro Mini Meet Carron Valley 1030am, Hit Trail 11am.

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Hello Scots based Retroriders,

Based on the good times had at the MacRetro Gathering at Glentress and with plans in the pipeline for MacRetro 2 at the summers end possibly maybe, I thought why not a mini meet.

Clockworkgazz has been promoting Carron Valley as a good central location (near to him that is ;) ) and I feel thats a good distance for me to !

So if anyone is interested its Sunday 20th July meet up at Carron Valley in the carpark by 1030 and be ready to hit the trail at 1100 hours.

See link posted by Clockworkgazz a couple of replies below this for directions.

I reckon for a mini meet we need to be less scrupulous about actually having a completely retro bike as long as the rider is or has a retro interest in mountain biking (Kaiser if your reading this, I do expect you on a retro bike !).

Get in touch ! :D :D :D :D

Count me in, either with retroish Massi or SS On-One (retro in it's own rigid steel way perhaps?). Also wouldn't mind a chat with your good self velo, as clockworkgazz had mentioned that you're a fellow M.E. sufferer.

Great day out at Glentress, so up for Carron Valley.

It's like a mini Glentress- just means you have to go round 2-3 times.

No hub :cry: So will need to put an order in to pickle's tiffin thingamy.

Anytime is good for me as I have no hols booked. When I have been up, I try and be there early to avoid the masses, means the trail is pretty quite- good if you are in the habit of crashing into fellow mt biker ;)

Here is a link about the trail

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/INFD-6P6HMZ

Will pick you up caboose and anyone else in the glasgow area providing you can supply a bike rack, any more than two and I need a rack :cry:

Hello MacRetro Riders,

Date wise weekend of 19/20 july suits me best, any other suggestions or which of these two dates suits best.

I'll bring my storm kettle and other tea/coffee kit so we can get a brew on.

I'll probably bring my geared or single speed full sus bike as its not a course I'm familiar with and suspension helps negate incompetence. Dave and Stewart if they can be persuaded to attend will insist on bringing their modern bikes. :roll:

Cheers for now, I'm off to do the Glentress Red route tomorrow morning on the full sus so I can appreciate the difference from my rigid raleigh.

Velomaniac

I'll bring the Proflex then, max. boing but still retro (read f@*king heavy), the course is not too hard on the wrists, caboose singlespeeded it on his on-one but sus. always covers a multitude of sins as you say.

I'll bring some flapjacks as that date is cool with me.

Enjoy Glentrees you lucky man.

Kaiser,

My full sus is about as old as yours but more retro in operation, its a Y-Framed URT design from Saracen. Rigid still rules but best on familiar territory, when something might catch me out I need more cushioning, just bought a wee bit more body armour for that reason !

Right at this point I'll say Saturday 19th July as meet as it gives me Sunday as recovery time.

As for exact start time etc, I'm handing over to Clockworkgazz as he is the Carron Valley promoter.

Cheers :D

Back